PDA

View Full Version : Why is it ...

Thumper
08-25-2022, 02:27 PM
.. that news ... I mean REAL news, no longer seems to exist?

TV news, especially cable news, these days is nothing but commentary ... listen to the b/s on FOX and the "news" is their opinion ... listen to CNN, MSNBC or most any other cable outlet and you hear the total opposite of what FOX is telling you and vice versa.

Newspapers aren't any better. Here's a headline from today's "local" paper: (The Sentinel is Orlando's newspaper)

Orlando Sentinel opposes Seminole GOP chair’s request to seal criminal case

Now tell me ... why should I give a rat's ass what the Sentinel thinks? Why does a "newspaper" think they should pick sides in a controversy? The front page is NOT the Editorial Page. Shouldn't they just report the facts of the case and let the readership decide which side of the fence they want to stand on? Politicians, sports stars, movie stars/actors ... why should we give a flying "F" what they think? When did this country start believing that some bimbo like Kim Kardasian is an expert on world affairs? I don't get it. I think I need to crawl off in the woods and become a hermit.

BarryBobPosthole
08-25-2022, 03:14 PM
I’ve cut my news consumption WAY down, including online. I read a lot of sports stuff still and check the weather daily. I do see a lot of news stuff on twitter.
Julie still watches msnbc a lot.
BKB