PDA

View Full Version : CFB week 1

quercus alba
08-29-2022, 03:58 PM
Thursday, Sept. 1

1) West Virginia at Pittsburgh, ESPN, 7 p.m.
Pitt is a touchdown favorite but being first game we don't really know what to expect from anybody but I'm going with the favorite at home.
Pitt 33-27

2) Penn State at Purdue, Fox, 8 p.m.
3.5 point spread but the home field has gotta count for something so I'm going to go with the upset here, don't let me down here DD. Boilers 30-28

Friday, Sept. 2

3) Virginia Tech at Old Dominion, ESPNU, 7 p.m.
The odds makers must know something I don't because the spread is only 7 points. I'm gonna go with my gut instinct and say Hokies 35-20

Saturday, Sept. 3

4) North Carolina State at East Carolina, ESPN, noon
The Pack looks to be pretty good this year, I can't see this being very close. State 38-21

5) Cincinnati at Arkansas, ESPN, 3:30 p.m.
I'll admit that I've been drinking the Hog koolade this year. The species confused team from Ohio lost a ton on both sides of the ball but it's far from a pushover. I think the Hogs big Oline and physical backs are the difference maker. Hogs 27-21

6) Oregon vs. Georgia (Atlanta), ABC, 3:30 p.m.
I seriously considered this an upset pick, Georgia is favored by 17 but like the blind man I just can't see that. Bulldogs over the Ducks 30-26

7) Texas-El Paso at Oklahoma, Fox, 3:30 p.m.
Probably a good team for the Sooners to work the kinks out on. Lebby is gonna have a good offensive game plan. Sooners 41-14

8) Illinois State at Wisconsin, FS1, 7 p.m.
This ones for you Willie, Redbirds make the Badgers look better than they really are. Wisco 51-14

9) Utah at Florida, ESPN, 7 p.m.
I hope the Utes beat Florida like a rented mule, however you can get cheated worse in Lubbock and Gainesville than any other two places on earth.
Utah 24-21

10) Notre Dame at Ohio State, ABC, 7:30 p.m.
Can both of them get blown out in the same game? Lee Corso says Ohio St will win it all, I don't know about that but they'll win this one. 34-24 Suckeyes

11) Utah State at Alabama, SEC, 7:30 p.m.
I only included this one because Hank is such a big Saban fan. Roll Tide 41-17

Sunday, Sept. 4

12) Florida State vs. LSU (New Orleans), ABC, 7:30 p.m.
eighty thousand drunk coonasses is hard to overcome, I doubt the Semenholes can pull it out. LSU 30-20

Monday, Sept. 5

13) Clemson at Georgia Tech, ESPN, 8 p.m.
The rest of the ACC is catching up to Clempson, well, all but the Wreck. Clempson 34-16

BarryBobPosthole
08-29-2022, 04:42 PM
Whoever it was in the front office at Arkansas that scheduled Cincy as the first game of the season ought to be thrown in the pen with Tusk IV. That game has TRAP written all over it. The hogs should prevail but it is, after all, college football.
Athletes aren’t all that much different talent wise these days at either of these schools. Shit happens in game one.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
08-29-2022, 06:55 PM
You can say that again, Barry!

I can’t argue with any of your picks QA. I’m really looking forward to Pitt/WVU and Ark/Cinn. The first one is going to be a backyard brawl and, while I think Arkansas to be pretty good this year, I think The Bearcats will give them everything they can handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
09-02-2022, 04:01 PM
https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-playoff-expansion-board-agrees-to-12-team-field-with-aim-to-implement-as-soon-as-possible/

quercus alba
09-03-2022, 10:20 AM
I don't like it, either go 8 or 16 no byes. It's just going to give the big four (Bama, Ohio st, Clempson and Georgia) an extra week of rest

BarryBobPosthole
09-03-2022, 05:14 PM
That jump pass was special.
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
09-03-2022, 09:24 PM
Hank, is that NC State - EC game a rivalry game? They sure played it close!
BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-04-2022, 06:56 AM
It definitely is for them. Even as far back as when I was a student, they’ve always played us tough and won their fair share. I’ll take the W and move on.

BarryBobPosthole
09-04-2022, 11:04 PM
Good job QA!
BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-04-2022, 11:19 PM
The 4th quarter of the FSU/LSU game was crazy. Always good to see that asshole Kelly lose too.

quercus alba
09-05-2022, 10:04 AM
8-4 for the weekend, 18-5 YTD (78.2%) with one game left to go Clemson vs Gtech.

West Virginia at Pittsburg: This lived up to it's namesake, it was a backyard brawl although Pitt might be a little too well thought of. Really good game to start the weekend unless you had money riding on it.

Penn State at Purdue: Purdue is like a fickle woman, always does the opposite of what you want, you pick them to win and they don't, you pick them to lose and they win. Kinda like the Huskers

Virginia Tech at Old Dominion: Chick what can I say? Tech and Purdue were probably responsible for 25% of my incorrect picks last year. I'm starting to become an unHokie fan.

North Carolina State at East Carolina: Me and Hank are both hoping that ECar is much better than expected.

Cincinnati at Arkansas: If our Dline can't find a way to pressure the qb it's going to be a long season cause our coverage ain't Jack S***.

Oregon vs. Georgia: I'm really glad I didn't go with my gut and pick an upset here but to be honest, I didn't realize Bo Nix was the Duck cuebe. The Dawgs looked like the best team in the country but then Bo Nix makes everyone but Arkansas look like world beaters. Barring major injuries, Georgia is my pick to cut down the nets after week 1.

Texas-El Paso at Oklahoma; No surprises here, Sooners just being themselves. A little early to prognosticate too far ahead yet.

Illinois State at Wisconsin: To be honest, the badgers just don't blow my skirt up, right now I'm cautiously pessimistic about them.

Utah at Florida: Every Pac 10/12/14 team should start outside the Top twenty until the actually beat someone. (chanting) Over Rated

Notre Dame at Ohio State: C. J. Stroud looked very pedestrian. A word of advice to both these teams.....Stay away from Athens

Utah State at Alabama: And next week Bama takes on the Blind Sisters of the Poor, oh wait, they have Texas. My bad, they're ane and the same

Florida State vs. LSU: Hank's right, it's always good to see Kelly get beat.

Random thoughts: How does App State score 40 points in the 4th quarter and still lose?

Vandy scored over 40 points for two straight games but.......................they also game up 31 to freaking Elon

Louisville qb Cunningham is not the second coming of Johnny Unitas, Sorry Gameday crew

How does Okie State give up 44 points to Central Michigan? Mullet man has some work to do

Iowa scores seven the hard way, a field goal and two safety's, or maybe it was a safety and a two point conversion, anyway a truly dismal offensive showing.

BarryBobPosthole
09-05-2022, 11:28 AM
I’m looking forward to Texas-Alabama next week. Its one of those games where I win no matter what the outcome!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-05-2022, 12:42 PM
QA, it’s hard to get a read these games (Tech and NC State) when it’s the first week of the season and it’s the Super Bowl for a smaller in-state program. It doesn’t help that I was down at my Cabin and had to listen to both on the radio. I was just thinking the same thing about Bama and Tejas Barry. Watching them play each other will give me a good idea of which team I dislike more.