PDA

View Full Version : Medical Update

Buckrub
02-27-2013, 07:08 PM
Cause you asked.

Mother is about the same. I'm taking her to the doctor every other day. He says "No worse, but no better". She is in serious pain in two places, and several of the cuts are so bad that they can't bandage........the bandages would hurt too bad taking on and off. And lacerations hurt way worse if open to the air. So she is in bad shape. Still, lucky to be alive.

I still can't get Allstate to call me with their estimate of car damage. It ain't gonna be good. Two guys have tried to call but won't answer when I call back. It's like Allstate just has two guys working for them, and no one else can help.

Car insurance ought to work like this.........you pay in for X years, we convert your policy to one that, if you total your car the Insurance Company, not you, goes out and buys you an identical car, same shape, same mileage, and brings it to you and says "here". The way this is done, they are making out like bandits. IF you can even get them to talk to you. If it had been me and State Farm, someone WOULD have hand delivered me a check by now.

Wife is seeming to get a bit better. We had to fight Walgreens and First Health (her Part D provider) to get her some anti-nausea medicine.......she can't keep the antibiotics down. She has severe motion sickness anyway, and the antibiotics are making her bad sick. But I think I see progress and she hurts a bit less. She slept in bed some last night. We'll see Friday.....if she is doing better or if he puts her in hospital. Makes me SO MAD that the hospital is what gave her this infection. Arrgghh.

I'm doing fine. I have appt Monday to see if my BP is ok after stopping my Beta Blocker (Bystolic). I'm off the Plavix, and since the chest pain scare last Fri night, I'm fine since. My BP has inched up but still within normal limits. So I have halved my medicine!!! We'll see what they say Monday, but I actually feel better. In a nutshell, they said "Boy, you're over medicated". I agree. I do feel some better, but it's not been long.

And that's all I know about that.

LJ3
02-27-2013, 07:56 PM
Glad to hear everyone's health hasn't gotten worse, or gotten a little better. Hopefully your Mom can at least get comfy enough to rest.

For the insurance, have you tried calling the cool black guy yet?

jb
02-27-2013, 08:10 PM
Bucky, sorry to hear things aren't mending as quick as they should. But glad things aren't getting any worse either.
Healing takes time, longer in older folks.
I guess all I can tell you is don't let all this extra stress wear you down, you need to stay well to see that the others get well. Hang in there.

Chicken Dinner
02-28-2013, 09:13 AM
Keep on keeping on.

Bwana
02-28-2013, 09:55 AM
Hoping you and the ladies in your life get on the mend soon.