PDA

View Full Version : Posty and Hank

quercus alba
09-09-2022, 05:18 PM
Looks like MLB baseball is going to start implementing formation penalties like CFB as they plan to do away with defensive shifts. The new rule states that there will have to be two men on each side of 2nd base and they'll have to have both feet on the dirt as long as the pitchers foot is on the rubber. The bases will also be bigger and there will be a pitch clock.

Why don't we just put the ball on a tee and play flies and skinners?

BarryBobPosthole
09-09-2022, 08:25 PM
I’m all for the pitch clock. I watch a lot of baseball and the hitters who come up from the minors don’t step out the box every pitch and adjust their crotch and their batting gloves. And the pitchers pitch so defenses are on their toes and sharper instead of standing around picking daisies while the pitcher gets his shit together.
As far as shifts I’m on the fence. I don’t understand why teams don’t adjust to the shift and bunt or opposite field hit against it like they should. I’d prefer baseball stay out of defensive alignments. OTOH, the NBA banned zone D’s and hockey has an off sides rule. So….fans will get over it.
I wish they’d have changed the extra inning ghost runner rule. I hate that one. At least only have a ghost runner after 11 or 12 innings.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
09-10-2022, 11:38 PM
Call
Me a curmudgeon but I am not
A fancy of any of the recent rule
Changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk