PDA

View Full Version : Truck Wave

BarryBobPosthole
09-10-2022, 12:54 PM
I’m at home for a few days, my step dad is in the hospital, coming home today. I grew up in the mountainous part of Oklahoma in the south east and its a world away from where I live now in the NE part of the state. This is Choctaw Nation country and rural farm country. Even our townies are rednecks. One of the things I was reminded of today that I’d forgotten while running errands is almost everybody waves at you when you’re driving. Pickups especially. My first cousin and I called it the ‘truck wave’ and its true that everyone pretty much does it the same. Left hand on top of the steering wheel, raise two fingers and point at your right headlight. That’s it. Oh yeah, a nod is an acceptable acknowledgment. Who knows, you might have yourhands full.
I like it that people greet each other as often as they do here. We have just as many buttholes here as anyplace else, but at least say hey and greet you.

BkB

Thumper
09-10-2022, 02:07 PM
Yessir, it’s the same in a Corvette. (We’ve had two) The Corvette wave is a definite thing. Same on a Harley. Probably the same with the Lambo, Ferrari and Porsche crowd, but I wouldn’t know. ;)

As for the general friendly wave, I remember as a kid hanging with my grandparents in rural North Carolina, EVERYBODY waved, whether they were driving, walking or just standing someplace. As a kid from the city, it was all new to me.