PDA

View Full Version : Q: Any of you gents have a side-by-side/UTV?

Bwana
09-27-2022, 08:53 AM
If so, how do you trailer it, facing forward or backward?

Obviously they are more streamlined facing forward but then the windshield is susceptible to flying debris and you have to worry about the doors coming open. Facing backwards eliminates the debris and door concern, but I heard concern mentioned about the air being forced up the tailpipe isn't good for the engine. (insert joke here) Just wondering if there is any basis for that concern?

BarryBobPosthole
09-27-2022, 08:59 AM
I don’t have one, butwantedto point out that Thumper is our resident expert for questions concerning blowing air out of your tailpipe.

BKB

quercus alba
09-27-2022, 09:23 AM
UTV? Is that anything like a yeast infection? Kribbs says a vinegar douche usually takes care of his problems like that......

Chicken Dinner
09-27-2022, 09:50 AM
I don’t but know a few people that do and have never seen them trailered any way for forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trav
09-27-2022, 11:24 AM
I have a Can Am Defender and I always trailer it facing forwards, the windshield I have would be more susceptible to blowing out if it were trailered facing backwards.

Hombre
09-27-2022, 07:05 PM
Bwana I've been going back and forth between an open or cargo trailer because of this. The issue is those dual axel 7x14 enclosed trailers are really high right now. I've got a Can Am Defender Limited on order that should be here in November so I'm going to have to figure it out pretty soon.