PDA

View Full Version : Sunglasses Hack

BarryBobPosthole
10-06-2022, 01:04 PM
I’m one of those people who loves the sun but can’t go outside for a second without sunglasses on. And I don’t treat them very well, and I like expensive sunglasses. Bad combo. In 2013 I bought a pair of Maui Jim Longboards and then went to Manila in late November and forgot to bring them. So when my flight stopped in Guam, I bought an identical pair at the duty free place. Maui Jims have the most awesome lenses. A few years later, I sent my scratched up sunglasses to Maui Jim and they replaced the lenses for $70. This on a $250 pair of sunglasses. Like new! Did that once and then tried it again a couple years later and they’d stopped doing service on that model. I found out by accident how easy it is to change lenses in most sunglasses and found a place that will sell me Maui Jim Longboard lenses for $45. Just replaced them in both pairs again. The place I use is called Fuse Lenses but there are others. This place looks to have a pretty big inventory, or access to more likely.
I’m lucky because the frames one mine are very solid and will last longer than the lenses.
BkB

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2022, 01:16 PM
I’m with you 100% on the need/use of sunglasses. Mine have to be progressives though which about triples the cost and can’t easily replace the lenses. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
10-06-2022, 01:28 PM
Maui Jims are great. I agree with both. I tend to scratch mine, but I put prescription in.

BarryBobPosthole
10-06-2022, 01:55 PM
Lasik man.
BKB