PDA

View Full Version : CFB Week 8

quercus alba
10-20-2022, 08:47 AM
6-8 last week, got a bad hop or two or I could have been 10-4. 76-30 ytd. 71.7%

Kansas at Baylor: Baylor hasn't lived up to expectations, Kirk Herbstreit picked them as a playoff team this year. Kansas is pretty beat up and their QB may not play again this week so I'm going with the Bares 33-24

Iowa at Ohio State: Only a great fool would choose Iowa with their offensive offense, so I not being a great fool can clearly not choose the Hawkeyes. Buckeyes 31-17

Syracuse at Clemson: I haven't seen the Orange play so that handicaps me somewhat. I'm not horribly impressed with Clempson either. I really really want to pick the Cuse but there's this little niggling thought in the back of my mind that says don't do it. Clempson 28-24 *

Duke at Miami: Both teams showed signs of life last week but I think Miami at home wins this with a little better defense. Canes 30-24 *

West Virginia at Texas Tech: The officiating in Lubbock is worth ten points so I'm going to say the Red Raiders 41-31

Boston College at Wake Forest: BC is probably a little better than their record says but unless the Wake QB gets hurt I don't see enough stops for the Iggles to win. Deacons 38-23

Texas at Oklahoma State: I'm not really sold on State but Texass is a Jekyll and Hyde team as well. I'm going Da Horns 35-31 *

Ole Miss at LSU: Old Miss has had perhaps the softest schedule int CFB this year. LSU is improving and Death Valley is a hard place to win. We'll find out if the Rebel Black Bears Landsharks are for real or not. Old Miss 31-27 *

Purdue at Wisconsin: Purdue is the quintessential middle of the pack team this year. The Badgers offense is abysmal but they are playing at home and they're due to swell up on somebody one of the days. Boilers 28-21 *

Mississippi State at Alabama: On one hand I can see Rogers pick apart the Bama defense but on the other hand Bama seldom loses two in a row and the are at home with their own private referees. Bama in a close one 35-31

Texas A&M at South Carolina: I'm sure the SEC head office has already notified the refs and reminded them that A&M is more important to the league than Carolina. Faggies 27-23

Minnesota at Penn State: The Gophers had 180 net yds last week, Penn state had 268. I foresee and offensive explosion today. PSTATE 17-16

Kansas State at TCU: The Mildcats will slow the TCU offense but probably not enough. Toads 34-24

Bye Week at Arkansas. Hogs 51-50 as bye fumbles the snap on a two point conversion with 3 seconds left. This was btw the only stop the Hogs defense had all day

The little* on the end are games where I went against my better judgement

1)The definition of pass interference needs to be redefined, revamped, recycled and then rejected.

2) Words alone cannot describe how badly I detest formation and ineligible man downfield penalties. A good throttling or at least a tasing would probably show my feeling more appropriately.

3) The instant replay needs to be junked. Referees should be forced to up their game and be held to the same standard of performance they expect from the players.

4) Any player getting injured (real or faked) should have to sit out the remainder of that series.

5) The devil with diversity, all these announcers should have to pass a basic speaking English test before being given a job.

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2022, 09:55 AM
I’d maybe have another look at OSU-Texass. The Pokies have won five of the last seven including last year in Austin, its homecoming, and the Oklie Doklies are en fuego. They’ve won 12 straight at home. Gundy even cut his hair. He’s a man! I’m taking the Pokes in this one. Might be the game of the weekend. Depends on how that D line handles the Whorn’s rushing game.

KSU-TCU will be good. Make sure to put some purple filters in your goggles though. All that purple might make you queasy. This one’s too close to call but I’ll take TCU. It homecoming in Frogland. Sound familiar?

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-20-2022, 09:56 AM
My heart just is isn’t in it this week with the way the season is panning out for the Wolfpack. I’m just glad they have a bye.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7Lb9dq-JZFI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2022, 09:57 AM
How did they syracuse get them? Is the Orange any good?

BKB

quercus alba
10-20-2022, 10:23 AM
Syracuse is undefeated and they've beaten what appears to be some pretty decent teams. I can only surmise based on scores and schedules. I'll have to catch them this week, they've got my curiosity stirred up.

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2022, 10:53 AM
Same here! Might have to watch that Clempson game.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-20-2022, 10:58 AM
Syracuse was better than I expected. Their D is the real deal. It’ll be interesting to see if they can score enough to win.

DeputyDog
10-20-2022, 02:38 PM
Purdue hasn’t beaten Wisconsin in 18 years and has a 15 game losing streak going to them. Not sure that changes this year.

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2022, 12:40 PM
Okay, Posthole. If we put a gun to your head are you rooting for Tejas or Okie State?

Hombre
10-21-2022, 01:55 PM
I'm guessing BBP would never root for Texas.

BarryBobPosthole
10-21-2022, 02:38 PM
I always root for little brother and make disparaging remarks about them during the game. I’ll root for Tejas when hell freezes over.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2022, 02:36 PM
ACC refs seem to favor Clempson.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-22-2022, 04:06 PM
ACC refs seem to favor Clempson.

BKB

Ya think!?!

quercus alba
10-22-2022, 04:56 PM
I'm trying to figure out how Purdue has won five games

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2022, 05:43 PM
Purdue seems to give you a problem in your picks. B1G football, man.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
10-22-2022, 08:19 PM
OSU-Tejas was a great foosball game!

Watching TCU-KSU reminds me for some reason about a Dan Jenkins book ‘Life Its Own Self’. He’s the guy who wrote ‘Semi Tough’ if you’re old enough to remember it and this one is about thefurther adventures in West Texas with Billy Clyde Puckett and Shake. TCU is talked about a lot. Especially two brothers who played in theirback field, Orangejello and Limejello. Hehad another character named Potatus Fry. Funny funny non politically correct book written in ‘84 aboutfootball in baja Oklahoma.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-23-2022, 11:51 AM
I'm trying to figure out how Purdue has won five games

Their problem is they’re very inconsistent on both sides of the ball. When they are on, they are a very good football team, when they aren’t, they look like they did yesterday. I don’t think many teams in the county can come back after they spot the opponents 21 points in the first quarter. I’m surprised it ended up as close as it was after the first three quarters.