PDA

View Full Version : The biggest danged nuts I ever see’d!

Thumper
10-24-2022, 11:13 PM
Weird story. We were somewhere in Southern Mississippi during our trip and I spotted a little “bowled” peanut stand on the side of the road. I pulled over and just HAD to buy some (bought 3-lbs). These were the biggest damn goober peas I’ve ever seen in my life!

Anyway, I started talking with the old black guy who owned the stand and he immediately looked at me and said, “I know you!” I told him there was no way, as I’m from Florida and just passing through on my way to New Orleans. He insisted he “knew” me, then asked if I’d lived in Vicksburg 50-60 years ago? WTF??? Yes, I lived there from 1967-1968. He again said he knew me.

I told him I was only 15-16 years old at the time, in high school and probably 160-170 pounds lighter. He then asked if I worked while there and I told him I worked at Lamar T. Lowe Motor Company. (Cadillac, Pontiac, Buick, Opal and GMC Truck) He then told me I was the only person he’d let drive his 1965, 4-speed, tri-power GTO! I asked if his car was maroon w/black interior and if he worked at the lumber yard in Vicksburg. DAMN! I remembered him and how “in love” I was with his car! I’d pick it up from him at the lumber yard and deliver it back to him. (Ha! I didn’t even have a driver’s license!)

What a small, small world! I asked whatever happened to that GTO and he said it’s the only car he was ever pissed at himself for selling many years ago. I asked what he drives now and he pointed to a Mercedes SL 550 sitting across from the stand. He also said he’s been selling boiled peanuts on that same lot for over 40 years!

Unbelievable! I have NO clue whatsoever how he could recognize me after all these years. Anyway, back to his big ass nuts! I just finished them off about 20 mins ago as I’m cleaning out the motorhome fridge and found about 1/2-lb. of nuts I’d forgotten about. I’d already eaten most of them, but here’s a pic of some of the left-overs with a quarter for size reference.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221025/0fed663c261120b25b265b0d5122d7d5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-24-2022, 11:33 PM
That’s an amazing story. It really isn’t all that amazing he remembered you though, considering the size of your head.

Your post makes me want to get online and order some of those frozen hot boiled peanuts from PapaJohn. I think Muddy turned us all on to that guy. I’ve made several orders over the years.

BKB

Thumper
10-25-2022, 12:02 AM
Yessir, ya’ gots ta’ get’cher self some’o those!

Yep, I find it incredible that he could possibly remember me. Heck, if I look at old h/s pics, I don’t even recognize MYSELF! It’ll always be a mystery to me how he could possibly remember me, especially under the circumstances (I don’t even remember the little town we were in). When I saw the Mercedes he was driving, I immediately wondered if he’s ever paid taxes on his earnings from that little stand. [emoji849]

While in Vicksburg, my brother and I did look up an old high school friend and met up with him for a few beers. It was a great little reunion, but it was sad to hear that just about every old h/s friend I asked about, had DIED already. Anyway, it was great seeing him and remembering old times.

Ha! Talking to him on the phone before pulling into town, he sounded EXACTLY like Gary Carty (Archer). (My brother on the right)

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20221025/b69f5df596f70b20e2f222df46d7790f.jpg

Thumper
10-25-2022, 09:02 AM
Oh, I forgot to tell you to “Bite Me” regarding the head size reference. (Got’ta have room to squeeze in my massive brain!) ;)

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2022, 09:02 AM
You’re slippin!

BKb

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2022, 09:51 AM
You’ve obviously never seen Deez Nutz!

Hombre
10-25-2022, 01:39 PM
How this took 5 posts to turn into a deez nutz joke is the real question here.

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2022, 03:37 PM
I know, right!?! I felt I had to do it.

(It was low hanging fruit.[emoji41])

DeputyDog
10-26-2022, 09:33 AM
So, you can find a half pound of boiled nuts you stashed away but not $900?

Thumper
10-26-2022, 09:43 AM
So, you can find a half pound of boiled nuts you stashed away but not $900?

That's the way my luck rolls Deppity.

Yesterday a spot came to mind that I thought it may be. Lynn even chimed in with, "YES! I think you're right!"

Nope, nuttin' there. We're still looking. :(

Bwana
10-26-2022, 03:25 PM
Did you check your pocket?

BarryBobPosthole
10-26-2022, 04:07 PM
My bet is it will be in the last place you looked. As usual.

BKB