PDA

View Full Version : Ok, call me whatever you want ….

Thumper
10-25-2022, 10:40 AM
…. I deserve it!

I took $900 cash along on our trip, just in case of an emergency and couldn’t use a credit card or check. Heck, some restaurants only take cash, so I wanted to be prepared while on the road.

While in New Orleans, I didn’t want to be walking around with that much cash on me, so I took all but $100 out of my wallet to stash in the motorhome. I showed Lynn where I stashed it and told her, if anything should happen to me, THIS is where the cash is.

We went on to eat, drink and party in the city and anywhere we went accepted credit cards ….. except for one. The tab was just under $85, so with the tip, it pretty much ate up my $100! Now, about 3 days later, we were going somewhere and I remembered I had no cash on me, so went to pull out my stash of hidden money. You guessed it … I had no clue where I’d stashed it! I asked Lynn and WTF??? She couldn’t remember either! We went through all the obvious places, but never could remember where I’d put it and never ran across it through the remaining trip.

Ok, we’ve been home now since Saturday night and have turned this frigging motorhome upside down, looking for that cash. We STILL haven’t found it and neither of us have been able to recall where I hid it. Arrrggghhhh!!! :(

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2022, 10:43 AM
My Catholic wife would say it’s time to pray tk St. Anthony and do the Tony, Tony, turnaround thing. Sounds crazy. But, it frequently works for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
10-25-2022, 10:50 AM
My brother took his motor home in for service a while back and they had to remove the passenger seat to repair some wiring. When they picked up their unit, the Service Advisor handed them an envelope with $500 cash inside. They’d stashed it on one of their trips and had completely forgotten about it. I wonder if the mechanic and service advisor were just extremely honest, or were afraid it may have been a set-up. ;)

Hombre
10-25-2022, 01:37 PM
You've been bamboozled. Lynn took the $900 and "can't remember either". If it's any conciliation $900 with you cooped up in a motor home seems like you got off cheap!

Arty
10-26-2022, 07:04 PM
It’ll be in the last place you look, so I would go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk