PDA

View Full Version : CFB week 9

quercus alba
10-25-2022, 02:10 PM
8-5 last week. 84-35 ytd. 70.5%

Virginia Tech at NC State: One thing is going to happen here today, Chicken Dinner is going to be a winner ................and a loser. Pack 31-20

Ohio State at Penn State: Michigan beat Penn st by about 4 TD's I look for more of the same today. Bucky 44-21

Oklahoma at Iowa State: Oklahoma looked good against Kansas but Iowa st ain't Kansas. I'm gonna break my usual mold of going with the home team in a toss up although I may come back and change this later in the week. Sooners 28-27

Notre Dame at Syracuse: Notre Dame hangs tough but Syracuse prevails in the end. Orange over the Irish 30-23

TCU at West Virginia: The Mountaineers can score but they have trouble stopping their opponents from scoring more. Toads 45-28

Arkansas at Auburn: Arkansas's defense has a tendency of making below average teams look like playoff contenders. That doesn't change here as Auburn runs wild, War Eagles 45-31. I don't think people realize how bad the Hogs D sucks.

Illinois at Nebraska: Bielima has the Fighting Illini ranked in the top 20 for the first time since George Washington's teeth were an acorn. I like Bert and wish him well. The Cornholers fall 28-13.

Florida vs. Georgia: There's only a few teams I like less than Gators, Georgia will struggle but win. Dawgs 31-27

Oklahoma State at Kansas State: I hate picking these kind of games, I foresee a very close back and forth game with Kstate winning it 38-34. This is another one I may change before Saturday.

Missouri at South Carolina: Drink vs Beamer. I like Beamer. The day after the Arkansas loss he called one of the Razorback reporters and apologized for being a little rude with him.....classy guy unlike Drink. Cocks 31-17

Kentucky at Tennessee: Hendon Hooker is what C.J Stroud wants to be when he grows up. I don't like Tennessee but with a defensive stop or two they could be cutting down the nets in January plus I've liked Josh Heupel from his Sooner days

Baylor at Texas Tech: Taco Tech in Lubbock is hard to beat. I like the Red Rapers 34-24

Michigan State at Michigan: In a rivalry game strange things can happen. I like that Harbaugh told James Franklin to suck it, he was too insignificant to worry about so I'm picking the Wolverines 38-17

Ole Miss at Texas A&M: The Aggies are one of the few teams I like less than the Gators. Jimbo is a colossal $$100m failure and I love it, couldn't happen to a more deserving bunch. Rebel/Blackbear/Land Sharks by a bunch 38-20. Unlike CD I like Kiffen, he and the Pirate makes CFB interesting

Hombre
10-25-2022, 02:22 PM
I'm just happy you've included Kstate in the picks

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2022, 03:36 PM
I like characters in CFB and would love to see more of them. Kiffen is like the entitled little prick version of Leach. So, I won’t pick Ole Miss. I do like NC State’s chances Thursday night. They’ve had 10 days to coach up the backup QB and Tech doesn’t have the talent or experience to win this one on the road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2022, 03:57 PM
Not sure if you guys are hearing the rumors out of College Station but sounds like things are about to swarm on Jimbo. Heard he released some freshmen players indefinitely and that this week some players aren’t showing for practice. I think Ole Miss embarasses aTm in a big way.

The Oklie Doklies and the Purple Pussies might be the game of the week. That is if Martinez is back. If he ain’t, they ain’t. otherwise too close to call.

The Sooners are like Hanks Wolfpack, coming off a bye and should handle the Cyclones easily.

Champioship November begins! Gonna be an odd one I think.

BKB

Hombre
10-25-2022, 04:02 PM
I read somewhere that Jimbo gets an $85M buyout if they release him this year... Um, where do I sign up for this gig?

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2022, 04:04 PM
They sure know how to gig’em.

BKB

quercus alba
10-25-2022, 04:50 PM
Aggies are gonna aggie

Chicken Dinner
10-25-2022, 06:52 PM
Reminds me of that Ed Orgeron quite whet they fired him from LSU and told him the buy out was $17m, what do you want me to say and which door should I leave through?

BarryBobPosthole
10-25-2022, 06:58 PM
Aggie players raked in $4M in NiL money last year. $17 is a drop in the bucket for those donors. Jimbo reminds me very much of Dennis Franchione. Big pedigree. All hat, no cattle. And not a very good coach when it came to relying on his own devices.

BKB

quercus alba
10-25-2022, 08:39 PM
Houston Nutt 2.0

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2022, 09:36 AM
Insure wish I hadn’t dozed off in my chair at 21-3 Tech last night…

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2022, 10:23 AM
When I flipped it to the Ravens Bucs it was 0-0 and going nowhere fast. Not the college game of the week! Or of the day. Or of the minute.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2022, 01:41 PM
The fourth quarter may have been fun to watch though. I get that State is trying to figure out the QB position and called it very conservatively. But, the first half was like watching paint dry. Tech just isn’t good enough to overcome 10 false start penalties. Five in the first quarter alone.

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2022, 02:50 PM
How did they score their points? That guy couldn’t hit the ground with his hat when I was watching.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-28-2022, 03:24 PM
They went with the true freshman in the second half and it finally started clicking for him. He’s a legitimate prospect and him getting a chance to develop could be the only bright spot in the season after Leary had the season ending injury.

BarryBobPosthole
10-28-2022, 04:07 PM
And TCU is ranked 7th, go figure. We’ll see how they fare against the couch burners. Winning on the road in the Big 12 ain’t what it usedcto be. Its hard. This smells like a trap. Beware the straggly bearded Mountain men. I predict couches will burn in Morgantown!

We’re on the road too. Hopefully our studs are better than the Iowegians.

BkB

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2022, 10:39 AM
I totally missed until just now that PSU-OSU is today. I loved it when this game was competitive and seemed like every year it was snowing or spitting snow. The B1G used to to have some amazing tradition. Seems like they’ve squandered it.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-29-2022, 10:48 AM
Wait, you don’t get excited for the storied tradition that is Rutgers v. Maryland!?!

BarryBobPosthole
10-29-2022, 10:57 AM
Illinois-Nebraska oughta be a thrilla.

BKB

DeputyDog
10-29-2022, 12:12 PM
I totally missed until just now that PSU-OSU is today. I loved it when this game was competitive and seemed like every year it was snowing or spitting snow. The B1G used to to have some amazing tradition. Seems like they’ve squandered it.

BKB

Conference expansion is to blame and it’s only going to get worse.