PDA

View Full Version : Hey Johnboy!

Thumper
12-10-2022, 07:52 PM
Coupl’a questions:

One, did you ever grow to like that Tacoma once you got used to it? (I REALLY miss mine)

Two, are you any farther along in deciding whether you’re going to get another camper? Or what type?

johnboy
12-10-2022, 09:00 PM
Man, I thought I had made a real bone head move by trading the SD diesel in for this Tacoma but I gotta admitt that it has grown on me now that I know how to drive it. High rev motor (power doesn't come on till around 3500rpm) and a trans that always wants to be in 6th is a bad combo so I just put in in 'S' mode and shift manually. Wind that sucker out before shifting and it feels right. Been good truck but I haven't put many miles on it (about 8k).

We decided to not get the RV. Had a 2023 LTV on the Transit chassis (exactly as I wanted) available but the Missus decided she wasn't keen so we let it go. We'll see what happens, I guess. Sounds like you are enjoying the Winnie.

Thumper
12-10-2022, 10:14 PM
Yessir! Problem is, I really miss cruising, but can’t afford to do both. Maybe I’ll get the motorhome fun behind me in a couple years then weigh my options. I love the thing and many times, just head out in the evening and spend the night out there. Especially now that the weather is nice and I just open a couple windows and run the roof fan. Sometimes I think it’s more comfortable than our own bed. In fact, Lynn and I are both out here “camping” in the driveway tonight and just ordered pizza. Ha! Goofy as all get-out, but fun. We even have the Camper Cat in here with us. ;)

johnboy
12-10-2022, 10:50 PM
Sounds great. I just got finished shoveling another batch of wet slush so am a little envious. Enjoy rv'ing whenever you can!