PDA

View Full Version : Hold on, pump the brakes a little

quercus alba
12-19-2022, 11:18 AM
Being a certified and licensed curmudgeon by both age and disposition I naturally resist change even tho it's a futile effort. Change is both continuous and inevitable but it's coming at us right now so hard and fast it's difficult to embrace.....I like to be spoon fed not have it crammed down my throat. This administration is totally out of control catering to the weird and the criminal element.

Having said that, I am announcing my candidacy for Global Czar. If elected, I will institute a common sense approach to fair and balanced form of government with a somewhat conservative leaning. Criminal punishment with be swift yet fair fitting the crime. Marijuana possession will be legal with a small monthly fee. Taxes and government will be reduced by 90% since there will no reparations or federal or state aid for the lazy.

The entire state of Californicate will be converted into an institution for the criminally weird. Wealth will be distributed among those who are willing to work, those who refuse to work will be committed to the CIFTCW (Californicate Institute For The Criminally Weird). Florida will be divided into two separate entities so it doesn't look so much like a wizened penis.

Thank you for your support

BarryBobPosthole
12-19-2022, 11:21 AM
I’m sorry you’re bitter at Christmas!

Tis the season, brother! I love you like a hammered AB!
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2022, 09:28 AM
Maybe this one will cheer you up, QA,

BKb

DeputyDog
12-20-2022, 08:25 PM
Do you think they got to keep his leg?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
12-20-2022, 08:49 PM
Say what?
BKB

Thumper
12-20-2022, 09:27 PM
Say what?
BKB

Santa Anna had an artificial leg. (I think it’s in a museum someplace.)

DeputyDog
12-21-2022, 08:01 AM
King of the Hill did an entire episode about it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8wh_OaIHtzU

BarryBobPosthole
12-21-2022, 10:54 AM
Why would he leave his leg there?

And that’s a piece of trivia I never knew! Cool! Kind of justifies my monthly membership fee.

And I thought I’d seen every KotH episode. Was it the one where Cotton and his buddies plan some sort of anti Cuban action at the Alamo?

BKB

DeputyDog
12-21-2022, 01:42 PM
It was a different episode. The leg is being displayed in Arlen and they are going to give it back to Mexico. Cotton and Dale plot to steal it so it can’t be returned.

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0620313/

It’s not that he would give them the leg, but in reference to him leaving it behind in real life that he might leave it behind again.