PDA

View Full Version : Well, ain’t this a kick in the pants!?

Thumper
12-25-2022, 12:03 PM
We drove 2600 miles to be with family today. We’re with Lynn’s mom and her brother is supposed to be here with the family, he, sis-in-law and the 4 kids from college age to grade school. But the youngest has had a really bad cold the past few days. She was in the Christmas play the last day of school and the school called yesterday afternoon to let them know that four kids in the play have come down with Covid. They had the daughter tested and she has Covid. Now they’re all on quarantine!

Dang! Lynn and her mom cooked all day yesterday and are sliding a giant standing rib roast into the oven this morning. There’s a boatload of food here for the three of us, so any of you dufes who want to stop by, you’re more than welcome. Otherwise, I’ll be forced to eat most of this prime rib by myself … along with about 10-lbs. of mashed taters and gravy, etc!

This sucks. I guess we’ll be visiting the family via FaceTime today. Covid has not gone away so be careful out there. :(

Anyway, Merry Christmas to all and be glad you can enjoy it with family.

BarryBobPosthole
12-25-2022, 12:37 PM
I have a newborn grand neice (one month old) that got to spend the night in the horsepistol in Okie City with the RSV. Supposed to be just precaution (my neice, her momma, is a pediatric nurse so she’s good) but a bummer of a way to spend your first Christmas!

Seems like everybody has one kindof sniffles or the other lately! Get well everyone!

BKB

airbud7
12-25-2022, 12:43 PM
prime rib along with about 10-lbs. of mashed taters and gravy, etc!

https://i.gifer.com/1VlI.gif

Merry Christmas y'all

Thumper
12-25-2022, 02:20 PM
Merry Christmas A/B. Don’t be such a stranger.

Chicken Dinner
12-25-2022, 04:02 PM
Same here Thump. We usually have a big feast on Christmas Eve and my oldest popped a positive yesterday afternoon. After getting him squared away and disinviting our guests, we ended up having Chinese around 9pm. We face timed him for presents this morning as my father is visiting and we want to be as careful as possible. We’re all fine still thankfully.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thumper
12-25-2022, 04:35 PM
Ha! CD, we were going to drop in for some hot toddy’s with munchies last evening. The three of us ended up picking up some Korean and eating at home for supper.

Yep, mom’s in her mid-80’s, so we feel better keeping her as isolated from the rest of the family as possible, for the time being. I’m just glad we’re here to be with her.