PDA

View Full Version : In Other News

BarryBobPosthole
12-26-2022, 11:31 AM
Gen U.S. Grant is being promoted to six star general. Only Pershing and Washington have held that rank. That’s why I got out of the military when I did. People got promoted that didn’t hit a lick. This slacker has been lying around not doing squat and gets promoted.
I wosh Larke was around to give a hard time about this.

BkB

Thumper
12-26-2022, 12:19 PM
Some awards are genuinely earned and deserved. I hate when the “legitimate” pool gets diluted by “participation trophy’s”. I had a buddy who was given a Purple Heart just as we were pulling out of Phu Bai (‘Nam).

The unit had enemy forces in the area and my buddy was helping to reinforce some bunkers. He and another buddy were carrying a section of psp when he tripped and dropped the psp. The corner slashed his leg and he required a few stitches at the infirmary.

I was told, as we were downsizing, headquarters had some “left-over” awards they needed to get rid of and he was one of the “lucky” recipients.

I honestly don’t know how true that is, but he is actually the one who told me that.

BarryBobPosthole
12-26-2022, 01:20 PM
I think Grant did some pretty cool stuff after the war to help people afflicted by it. He deserves recognition for it. But a meaningless promotion isn’t the kind he needs. He’s hardly been overlooked by history.

Anyways, stuff like this always kills me.

BKB