PDA

View Full Version : Anybody besides me

quercus alba
02-13-2023, 11:12 AM
not watch the superbowl? I didn't watch one second of the NFL this year and I capped off by not watching the championship and enjoyed the not doing of it. Mrs Q and I were playing spades and eating pizza with some friends

Thumper
02-13-2023, 11:42 AM
I usually don’t watch ANY football, but got hooked on the Tampa Bay Bucs a couple years ago (turned into a big Tom Brady/Gronk fan). Then the retirement/divorce fiasco hit and Lynn and I both lost interest. Gronk stayed out of it, but when Brady came back this season, we continued to watch. But they washed out in the first play-off game and we dropped out again.

We DID watch the Super Bowl and I have to admit, it was a killer game. Couldn’t have been more exciting actually, unless we’d have been fans of one of the teams. As it was, Lynn and I flipped for who we were gonna route for. I lost, she won.

Excellent game actually. Even for a dufe who does NOT watch football.

Note: Halftime sucks these days and the commercials just aren’t fun any more.

Chicken Dinner
02-13-2023, 11:57 AM
QA, i probably watch enough for both of us and did watch the entire game. I’m not a fan of Rihanna’s music but I doubt I’m the target demographic they’re going for either. (I’m sure Chris Stapleton, whose music I do really like, isn’t everybody’s cup of tea either.)

It’s hard it to appreciate both the QB’s in last night’s game. Two good and well coached teams played it out until the end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2023, 12:55 PM
I watched it all. Was a bit disappointed in the commercials. I haven't seen a SB halftime show that appealed to my demographic yet. But that ain't no big deal. This Super Bowl game was a great one. I hate it that it ended with a stupid tacky tack call but that's the way it goes.

FFL really changed the way I watch pro football. Most weekends I watch Red Zone and I don't even have a team I follow every week any more. I prolly will give the XFL a good looking over this season. The NFL these days is starting a bit to resemble pro wrestling.

BKB

Hombre
02-14-2023, 01:57 PM
As a longtime Chiefs fan I went. I actually a lot of times prefer to watch the games at home but we got pretty decent tickets down in the 111 section on the 30 yard line. There were some pretty big moments that happened right in front of us. Jalyn's fumble was right around us and on our side, I felt like I could dang near see the laces of the ball. The best though was the punt return. That started on the opposite side of the field, and when you watch it on TV the camera focuses on the ball, so you only see about a quarter of the field. On our side I could already see the wall forming, and when he bounced it outside I knew if he made it back to that wall of blockers he was going to have a TD, of course he stopped just short.

The day before the game I did a stadium tour that was pretty cool, one thing I didn't realize was how they do scouting videos. Amazon, Fox and others produce the game for us to watch but the NFL produces the scouting videos. The major difference here is what I mentioned above. The for TV production shows a small section of the field and players. The NFL scouting version shows all 22 players. Whether a team plays on Thursday, Saturday or Sunday the NFL releases the scouting videos all on Tuesday so each team has the same time to prepare.