PDA

View Full Version : RIP Conrad Dobler

BarryBobPosthole
02-13-2023, 06:39 PM
When the Cardinals were really the Cardinals and in St Louis, Dobler was making defensive players cry with leg whips, judo moves, biting, pinching scratching punching, and all around misery. The best and dirtiest O-linemen ever. When football was funner!

BKB

quercus alba
02-13-2023, 07:12 PM
What was his famous quote to Leroy Jordan, “you need to learn the rules, that wasn’t a clip it was just a damn good block.”

DeputyDog
02-13-2023, 11:16 PM
The game was a lot different then. He was one of the first people in the Miller Lite ads too wasn’t he?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Penguin
02-14-2023, 09:31 AM
I had forgotten about that DD. Googled it up and then the light came back on. Those were some great commercials. Once in a while I'll still look one up and watch it.

I miss the old football. I agree Posty, it was funner. And the players were a lot more interesting.

Will

Thumper
02-14-2023, 10:00 AM
Well, I just learned something new here. I’ve seen a few of you use the words “funner” and “funnest” many times before, but tbh, I never knew those were actual (proper) words. I just looked it up. I guess it didn’t start out that way, but has been accepted for 100 years or more and has “morphed” into proper grammar. I was always taught (in school) to use “ more fun” or “most fun”. Interesting. On a second note, I wonder if it’s a regional thing, or just scattered usage? It just doesn’t “sound” correct to me, but evidently, only because I was taught differently. Never too old to learn I guess.

Penguin
02-14-2023, 10:53 AM
All in fun Jimmy, sort of like BITE ME!

:)

Will

Thumper
02-14-2023, 11:12 AM
Hey, it’s funner when I tell YOU to bite ME …. But it’s the funnest to tell Buckrub to Bite Me! ;)