PDA

View Full Version : Daytona 500

BarryBobPosthole
02-16-2023, 03:43 PM
Anybody gonna watch? I haven't watched a NASCAR race in years. I think I'll watch the duals tonight and make a decision about the big race from there. Ol jimmy Johnson is even in this year's qualifier. Still somebody to hate on. Oh yeah, and Kyle Busch too.

BKB

Thumper
02-16-2023, 04:03 PM
As you know, I was practically born in the pits and lived most of my childhood at a racetrack, including Daytona when they still ran on the beach. I “WAS” a diehard, lifelong fan, but the new bullshit done rundt me offt . It’s a real shame as I used to really look forward to race season. The past (quite a few years), I’ve tried to watch Daytona and Talladega, then I “might” catch another one or two during the year if I happened to be home and stumbled upon one while channel surfing.

Knowing how big a fan I used to be, I can’t believe I’m actually admitting this, but I didn’t even realize the race is this weekend. I have a buddy that I haven’t seen in over 55 years who will be here Sunday. IF he’s a race fan, maybe we’ll watch it. (Actually we’re supposed to get together either Sunday or Monday, don’t know yet) I guess it’ll be a toss-up as to whether or not I watch it. Sad state of affairs really.

Oh, and what’s with that stupid assed stadium racing I read about. Are you shitting me?

Bwana
02-16-2023, 04:35 PM
Not I

BarryBobPosthole
02-16-2023, 05:00 PM
NASCAR went to hell about the same time the ball cap wearing fake accent having pretty boy country music singers showed up.
And NASCAR banned cussin on the radio.
I think they’re related.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
02-16-2023, 05:35 PM
Sign of the end of times prolly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeputyDog
02-16-2023, 06:00 PM
My only interest is whether or not Conor Daly is able to race his way in through the duels. Then I might watch just to see how an INDYCAR driver fared.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
02-19-2023, 02:08 PM
Just curious, but are there any Petty's racing these days at any level? I know Jimmy Frigging Johnson took over Richard Petty Racing and about broke my heart. Another sacrilege.
BKB

Thumper
02-19-2023, 08:46 PM
No more Petty’s driving that I’m aware of.

I did watch the race today, but have to admit I dozed a couple of times. I could have just tuned in for the final 25 laps and seen everything I needed to see.