PDA

View Full Version : Honey, does this shirt make me look fat?

Thumper
02-22-2023, 05:19 PM
I had a great little reunion Monday evening. Last year I stumbled across a lady on Facebook that has the same (uncommon) last name of an old friend I grew up with. We moved away from Orlando when I was 15, so that’s the last I ever saw or heard from him. I sent her a message and it turns out her husband is my old buddy (went through elementary school and Jr. H/S together).

She hooked us up and I found they live in Delaware, but had a Caribbean cruise planned for this month. Damn, we’re leaving on a Caribbean cruise, from the same port, NEXT month. :(

Well, they said once they return, they’ll be remaining in Florida for a few days as they were going to visit his sister and bil. I asked where they live and I’ll be danged if they aren’t just 5 minutes from me!

We had a great mini-reunion and did as much catching up as possible for the 55+ years we haven’t spoken. He also informed me of where many of our mutual friends are these days as he’s stayed in touch with most of them.

It was a great time and we plan on hooking up in the future. They have a camper and travel that way quite often, plus they usually take a winter cruise out of Florida every year. Once we headed back home, it felt as those 55 years apart never even happened.

Here’s a pic of him, his wife and yours truly. Note: He’s no midget at 6’2” , but is squatting between us with no chair.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230222/fc87ef689871da9ac3291a021e67b547.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
02-23-2023, 12:52 PM
Cool deal and glad you were able to reconnect!

quercus alba
02-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Gotta be careful with those internet hookups, remember that’s how you met Cappy

Thumper
02-23-2023, 01:23 PM
Cappy was a cakewalk compared to P-hole! [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jb
02-23-2023, 04:48 PM
You mean (fatter) :fine