PDA

View Full Version : Big changes

DeputyDog
03-04-2023, 10:24 PM
I’m going to be having a major change coming in the next month.

I’m retiring as a Deputy Sheriff after 30+ years.

I can’t be completely retired though so I’m taking a job at the Prosecuting Attorney’s office as an Investigator. I’m ready for the change but I think the hardest part will be having to pick out what to wear to work every day. I haven’t had to do that in close to 33 years.

Days like yesterday make the decision a whole lot easier though. We lost a State Trooper that I had worked with quite a bit back in the day. He was attempting to put out a spike strip to stop a pursuit and got ran down by the fleeing car. He left behind his wife and two kids younger than 15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
03-04-2023, 10:57 PM
Wow, congrats Pat! That is a big step! Thanks for your service to others. I’ll bet yourfamily will sleep a little better too.

Are you gonna change your name now to Private Dick?

BKB

Thumper
03-04-2023, 11:24 PM
Congrats on the retirement Deppity. You remind me of Cappy. He retired but never could quite cut the apron strings. I believe he was still working off and on with the DA’s office.

Sorry to hear about that other trooper. I hope they were able to nab the a-hole and bury him under the jail so deep he’ll never again see the light of day.

Penguin
03-06-2023, 09:03 AM
Hey, that's great DD. They must think a lot of you to make a move like that.

Think of it as kind of a "Bosch" to "Bosch Legacy" move. :)

Will

Chicken Dinner
03-06-2023, 09:24 AM
Congrats on your next Chapter!

Hombre
03-06-2023, 11:24 AM
Congrats Deputy! 30+ years of service is certainly an achievement. I can't imagine how the job has changed over the years. Good luck in your new gig.

johnboy
03-06-2023, 03:04 PM
Congrats DD! More time for the important stuff - family, friends and fishing.

Arty
03-07-2023, 09:01 PM
Damn, that story would make me consider things as well!
Sounds like perfect timing.
Congrats!

Bwana
03-08-2023, 03:01 PM
So sorry to hear about your buddy sir, a sad deal indeed.

As for your next step...CONGRATULATIONS! 33 years in your line of work is VERY impressive and something to be proud of.

I've been at the same entity for 31.5 years and every now and then can't help but thinking about doing something with less stress. I'm happy for you sir!