PDA

View Full Version : Worms

johnboy
03-29-2023, 01:48 PM
No, not Red Wigglers (The Cadillac of Worms) worms but the intestinal parasite kinda worms. Question - we de-worm our pets and farm animals on a regular basis so why don't we do the same for ourselves? Humans can pick up parasites in many ways but nobody seems to think we should be concerned with that. Annual de-worming? Why not?

quercus alba
03-29-2023, 04:09 PM
I suspect if anyone here is wormy it’d be Kribbs

BarryBobPosthole
03-29-2023, 05:29 PM
He is kind of pot bellied like a wormy pup.
BKB

DeputyDog
03-30-2023, 03:01 PM
A friend of mine got an intestinal parasite about a year and a half ago. He started to lose weight and diarrhea every day. It took a while for it to get properly diagnosed but they determined it was some parasite.

They put him in medicine and said it should take care of it in no time but it didn’t work. He felt good for a short time then it came back. He did another course of the meds, same thing. They finally figured out that because he also has psoriasis and is on a immune suppressor for that the meds wouldn’t work. He even did a consult with the Mayo Clinic. They had a treatment for immune compromised people but it had only been tested and used on people with HIV, so his insurance company wouldn’t pay for it. He finally had to go off of his psoriasis medication for several months and try the treatment again before it would work. After almost two years, he’s finally better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
03-30-2023, 04:42 PM
Was it the Beaver Fever? Giardia is a lot more common than people think.

BKB

johnboy
03-30-2023, 07:04 PM
There was an old TV show called "Monsters Inside Me" about people infected by various parasitic organisms, not all intestinal. Make you feel all crawley.

Thumper
04-03-2023, 07:55 AM
I suspect if anyone here is wormy it’d be Kribbs

HEY!!! :angry1