PDA

View Full Version : I’ll bet some heads are gonna roll …

Thumper
04-11-2023, 08:47 AM
… in the Budweiser Marketing Department.

Nothing like appealing to 0.00001% of the general population and pissing off 99.99999% of your existing market. Dumbassery at its finest.

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2023, 09:03 AM
The dumbassery is the boycott. And the pentultimate dumbassery is anyone who thinks Bud Lite is worth arguing about.
BKB

quercus alba
04-11-2023, 09:05 AM
I certainly hope so. If men want to dress like women and suck each others c*cks that's their business just don't demand that we indoctrinate our schoolkids with the idea that it's an accepted behavior. There's a reason they call them queers, it's because it ain't normal

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2023, 09:05 AM
Now if it was Bud Heavy….

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2023, 09:50 AM
I certainly hope so. If men want to dress like women and suck each others c*cks that's their business just don't demand that we indoctrinate our schoolkids with the idea that it's an accepted behavior. There's a reason they call them queers, it's because it ain't normal

I been trying to tell Artiethat drinking Bud Lite wasgay as hell but he won’t listen. Has he been normalized?

BKB

quercus alba
04-11-2023, 09:58 AM
I doubt very seriously that a man (and I use that term loosely) who wears Danskins AND drinks Bud Lite would be considered normal

BarryBobPosthole
04-11-2023, 10:10 AM
And nipple guards!

quercus alba
04-11-2023, 10:12 AM
Probably listens to Barry Manilow and Boy George as well

Arty
04-11-2023, 09:32 PM
I feel triggered

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
04-12-2023, 03:56 PM
I get what the VP of Marketing was saying about "expanding their brand". Sure, what brand doesn't want to expand to new markets? But, most try not to alienate their largest group of consumers when doing it. I use to be on the side of not boycotting anything, I personally found it silly. That being said a few years ago, when living in WA, I had a neighbor (politely) explain to me that she would not be attending my golf party. The reason was we were serving chick-fil-a and she didn't support them and chooses to vote with her dollars. I said you know that makes a lot of sense. I think I'll quit shopping at Dick's Sporting goods since they no longer sell guns......Two years in the same neighborhood and I never had to talk with her again.

Trav
04-12-2023, 06:37 PM
I am curious why Barry thinks a boycott is dumbassery, Budweiser is certainly free to market their products however they want and if people don’t want to support it it’s certainly their right as well. Now I will say anybody who likes bud light just doesn’t like beer.

BarryBobPosthole
04-12-2023, 06:43 PM
I usually drink Bud heavy if I’m at a baseball game. That said, I’ll bet a very large percentage of beer sold at Busch stadium is Butt LITE. They’re like $8 apiece.
But its too watered down for me.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-12-2023, 06:45 PM
And Trav, the listof products to be boycotted because of MAGA bullshit is long and absurd. But hey are free to be absurd, you are correct.

BKB

Hombre
04-12-2023, 07:10 PM
MAGA doesn't have the market cornered in this absurdity, I'm not even sure they're 50% Goya foods rings a bell.

Trav
04-12-2023, 07:19 PM
And Trav, the listof products to be boycotted because of MAGA bullshit is long and absurd. But hey are free to be absurd, you are correct.

BKB

That’s pretty rich coming from the side that specializes in cancel culture for things/folks they don’t agree with. You might be careful with your bag of stones in that glass house.

Thumper
04-12-2023, 08:21 PM
Ha ha ha! Hold up … I’m gonna go grab my popcorn … and a Heineken! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-12-2023, 09:06 PM
How many things have you heard me boycott?
Baseball for two years after they went on strike.
BKB

Trav
04-12-2023, 09:47 PM
I have never heard you boycott anything but I do recall hearing your selective outrage when it’s people’s of a more conservative nature boycotting something they disagree with. I could be wrong but I don’t ever recall you being outraged when the boycotters are of a more progressive nature boycotting conservative persons or corporations/groups.

Trav
04-12-2023, 09:49 PM
Oh and baseball would be easy for me to boycott, although the new pitch clock seems to have sped up the game from what I read so it might not be as bad.

BarryBobPosthole
04-13-2023, 07:18 AM
I’m not the one outraged here Trav. I just think its dumb to avoid buying something from a company because of politics. Now if they used 12 year olds in 3rd world countries to make tennis shoes we might be barking up the right tree.
But to each their own. Boycott on! And enjoy whatever beverage suits your fancy. And Trav is mighty fancy when it comes to his skunky beers lemmetellya! I’d watch those fancy guys if I were you.
BKB

Trav
04-13-2023, 08:19 AM
I’m not the one outraged here Trav. I just think its dumb to avoid buying something from a company because of politics. Now if they used 12 year olds in 3rd world countries to make tennis shoes we might be barking up the right tree.
But to each their own. Boycott on! And enjoy whatever beverage suits your fancy. And Trav is mighty fancy when it comes to his skunky beers lemmetellya! I’d watch those fancy guys if I were you.
BKB

I have never seen you turn down one of those fancy beers.

airbud7
04-13-2023, 08:23 AM
fastest female swimmer has a F*cking Dick Barry!...

https://gray-wwsb-prod.cdn.arcpublishing.com/resizer/kOEVPmkIZT90HtEmGsaJ9pjTwJQ=/1200x675/smart/filters:quality(85)/cloudfront-us-east-1.images.arcpublishing.com/gray/T4JGVHQNTFHORGTX4QKXH3TZWI.bmp

Do you understand the outrage now?

johnboy
04-13-2023, 02:34 PM
Do you think we have reached, or at least getting close to Peak Stupid yet?

BarryBobPosthole
04-13-2023, 04:46 PM
Way past it John! Way past it.

And Trav, you know me too well!

BKB

Thumper
04-13-2023, 11:33 PM
Well, I just read where Anheuser-Busch has already lost $5-Billion since the ad campaign started. Ouch!

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2023, 09:44 AM

Thumper
04-14-2023, 10:04 AM
With a company the size of Busch, even a $5B loss ain’t gonna put them out of business. But to think they spent millions on advertising to lose that 5B within a few weeks, would kind’a piss off any corporate executive worth his salt.

Remember the “New Coke” fiasco? It didn’t take Coke long to correct that mistake and get back on track. It’ll be interesting to see if Busch does any back-peddling. Frankly, I could give a squat about any of it, but it’s fun to sit in the grandstands as an observer. ;)

Why are you here instigatin’ anyway? Aren’t you s’posed to be drownin’ worms or sumpin’?

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2023, 11:08 AM
You’re the shit disturber who made the post Dufus.

I’m sure the BudLite swilling populace (I’m looking at you Hombre) will switch to Whiteclaw. Hombre is a pretty typical Whiteclaw drinker.

BKB13255

Hombre
04-14-2023, 11:35 AM
You’re the shit disturber who made the post Dufus.

I’m sure the BudLite swilling populace (I’m looking at you Hombre) will switch to Whiteclaw. Hombre is a pretty typical Whiteclaw drinker.

BKB13255

LOL - I love that picture. That right there is me in my element! And, I didn't make this post I commented on it.

Thumper
04-14-2023, 11:53 AM
This is more my element! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2023, 12:01 PM
Those are some fine looking trannys!

BKB

johnboy
04-14-2023, 01:59 PM
Distractors and distraction. That's what this gender debate (?) really is. While we get all twisted over this insane inanity we ignore REAL problems.

airbud7
04-14-2023, 03:24 PM

BarryBobPosthole
04-14-2023, 04:56 PM
Distractors and distraction. That's what this gender debate (?) really is. While we get all twisted over this insane inanity we ignore REAL problems.

Right square in the ten ring!

BkB

on edit, that prolly should be ‘Right round in the ten ring’?

BarryBobPosthole
04-15-2023, 07:41 AM
LOL - I love that picture. That right there is me in my element! And, I didn't make this post I commented on it.

Mine too! That was a fun trip. The ride with Paul in his truck (pre-cpap) was memorable. My butthole might have a permanent pucker. I think Paul slept through about half ofthat trip. And hewas driving!

BKB

Hombre
04-17-2023, 12:29 PM
Ya - I stayed in the same cabin with Paul and pretty sure I didn't get a minute of sleep, but I'd love to be able to do it again!

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2023, 01:47 PM
I got stuck rooming with him driving home from Canada a couple times. He could fall asleep in a matter of seconds and go into full on snoring in the sametime.
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-17-2023, 01:52 PM
I sure do miss him and sure miss messing with him. I used to fuss at him for cleaning walleyes over 21” (the real limit was less than 21”) and when he and Jean would come back to the dock I’d hang around because I knew he didn’t want me to see what he’d pull out of that livewell. So I’d hang around bullshitting just to make him wait.I’ll never forget trolling with him sitting on theback of myboat with a rod undereach footand one in his hand.

One of a kind, that one.

BKB

Trav
04-17-2023, 09:07 PM
I saw him -ut the knife to a 26” walleye and a 17” small in the same afternoon.

BarryBobPosthole
04-18-2023, 08:41 AM
Yep! Paul grew up with only one perspective about fishing: it was for food. At least that’s how I rationalized not giving him any more shot than I did about it.

He went to Lake Fork quite a bit at one time. I wonder if he cut any of the hige largemouths he caught there. They have a really strict slot. Of course, so does Dogtooth.

BKb

Thumper
04-18-2023, 10:00 AM
Hmmmm, somehow the convo moves from trannies to your fishing buddies. Makes one wonder. :laughing

Thumper
04-20-2023, 12:34 PM
Ok, I’m a registered Republican, but will admit I disagree with many of their policies and/or beliefs, BUT do I agree with them more often than I do the Dems. and normally vote along party lines. That said, I have to go along party lines with this one.

“House Republicans on Thursday passed a bill that seeks to prohibit transgender women and girls from participating in female athletic programs ….”

And, of course, there’s the other side …

“The Democratic-controlled Senate, however, is unlikely to take up the measure, and the White House has issued a veto threat.”

I hate politics.

BarryBobPosthole
04-20-2023, 01:05 PM
Is that a problem down in Florida? I’ll ask youvthe same question someone asked me. How many of these instances can you name? And why is this needed federally? Aren’t you GOPers all about local control? Can Floridians not handle this issue on their own? I mean, you have Desantis the Culture Warrior.

And I think the decision should be up to local officials. Girls, after all, play baseball now. Should that be disallowed too?

BkB

Thumper
04-20-2023, 03:55 PM
I think there’s a huge difference between a female playing baseball with the boys, and a big ol’ ex-dude on a girls wrestling, swim, track or weight lifting team …. and you sir, are a professional shit-disturber. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
04-20-2023, 04:00 PM
Someone has to keep the Plyler Shit Disurbing Tradition alive!

Are you going to apply for the Federal Pecker Checker job? Prolly going to be a pretty high Civil Service rating.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
04-20-2023, 04:04 PM
Seriously, you’d think that high school girls athletes look like the East German water polo team from 1968.

The local high school girls PE classes run through my neighborhood e ery weekday when the weather is pretty. I’m telling you there ain’t no big old boys.

BKB