PDA

View Full Version : Its April 19th Again

BarryBobPosthole
04-19-2023, 10:53 AM
The bombing of the federal Murrah Building in Oklahoma City happened in 1995 on this day. 168 people died. 22 of them were children. Another 219 children became orphans that day.
People want to talk about civil war and pose like they’re kind of fucking patriot by brandishing weapons and marching like brown shirts. Thisis real. As real as it gets. And the victims of that bullshit were innocent of all of it.
If you want to applaud what happened in Waco or Oklahoma City then you’re no friend of mine. And if you think that way I encourage you to visit the memorial in Okie City. We’d better wake the hell up or we’ll see this again, in no telling whose back yard.
Rant over.
BKB

Hombre
04-19-2023, 12:30 PM
Serious question. Do you know anyone who would applaud OKC or Waco?

BarryBobPosthole
04-19-2023, 12:43 PM
I’ve known people who’ve viewed Waco and Ruby Ridge as patriots getting murdered yes. And not just a couple of people. I don’t associate with them now but I’ve met them, yes. Some posted here. Those incidents, and those views were the inspiration for theperpetrator of the Oklahoma City bombing. TBH I’ve not ever metanyone who thought that guy was right. But they exist. Look at the support the Bundys got for an armed standoff over what they sawas their right to squat on public land.
Its toxic thinking and it costs lives.
Its not like a good political argument, I’m not conflatingthe two. Even MAGAs are at their worse entertaining.

BKB

Hombre
04-19-2023, 02:03 PM
I've held the view for a long time that violence in any form will only result in more violence. I had a friend who posted to FB when the BLM protests / violence was happening. This is a tldr version but it talked about how violence is the voice of the unheard, and America was built on patriotic violence. A few short months later when the violence didn't fit the cause he was totally against it. IMO means justifying the end is dangerous thinking, we should condemn all violence.

BarryBobPosthole
04-19-2023, 02:05 PM
Agreed!

Hombre
04-19-2023, 03:00 PM
Oh and also it is 4/19 and I'm going to see Willie Nelson tonight. I feel like the marketing group for this concert really missed the boat by not holding this on 4/20

BarryBobPosthole
04-19-2023, 03:12 PM
Hahaha no kidding. Wonder ifhe’s playing Austin on 4 20

Chicken Dinner
04-19-2023, 04:21 PM
Pretty sure 4/20 is a holiday for Willie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
04-19-2023, 06:35 PM
This is probably very true

Thumper
04-19-2023, 07:36 PM
I have to assume you realize today is Willie’s birthday. He’ll need tomorrow off to recuperate. 🤣

Hombre
04-20-2023, 11:34 AM
I think his birthday is next week or a little after. He's doing a huge 30 person/group concert to celebrate, with everything from country to rap. I'm convinced after going to the concert that Willie is what's right, or where this country should be at. His crowd was everything from youngsters to old, with people from man-bun to redneck all having a great time together.

Thumper
04-20-2023, 12:57 PM
Huh? I must’a had a brain fart or sumpin’. For some reason I’ve always thought it was the day before 4/20. Duh.

BarryBobPosthole
04-20-2023, 01:01 PM
You are a walking brain fart, doofus.

BKB

Thumper
04-20-2023, 03:49 PM
If you don’t have a tall stool of your own, I’ll let you borrow one.

Big Skyz
04-21-2023, 12:15 PM
BBP, on an interesting side note (not in a good way either), there were plenty of people that survived that bombing, but their lives were horribly changed. I met two art psychologist/therapists that worked with the survivors. What a lot of people do not know is that when the explosion went off it caused an electrical surge through the entire building and most of the computer monitors exploded. This resulted in pretty much blinding anyone that was working at a computer at the time. There was nothing good about that Oklahoma bombing.

BarryBobPosthole
04-22-2023, 08:19 AM
A trip to that memorial is a reminder of how deep and how still tender the scar from that left us.

I think we need to be more grateful and less ‘put upon’ by it all. Everyone has a greivance it seems. Speaking just for me, I’m turning 69 years old this summer and I’ve lived my entire life a free man and I’m just thankful that that was the lottery ticket I drew when I came into this life. The social/legal rules I’ve had to live by to stay free a d avoid hassle haven’t been hard for me. I learned them at home already and at public school.
So I chose to be grateful instead of bitter. It takes a bitter soul to want to hurt innocent people just because you feel personally aggreived.
BKB