PDA

View Full Version : Product endorsement

Thumper
04-29-2023, 07:10 PM
I love sausage and will try most any I’ve never had before. Lynn came home from the store the other day with a couple packs of Realtree sausage and cooked a pack up for me to try. I just slapped it on a hotdog bun and hit it with some mustard and Tabasco (this was mild and I like a little more kick in my sausage).

It’s not the best sausage I’ve ever had, but I have no complaints. When she said it was on sale for $2.79, I suddenly liked it even more! She went back to the store and bought 6 or 8 more packages and froze them.

TBH, I’d never heard of it before, but I don’t do the shopping, so it may be a regular item, I dunno. Anyway, for the price (it was on sale), you can’t go wrong. I just thought I’d throw it out here in case anyone here isn’t aware of the brand (never knew Realtree had a sausage brand). All our store had in stock was mild, but I assume they have other heat levels available. Ya’ may want to try it if you have it locally. Ours was in just your standard chain grocery store.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230429/5d494881f826a88eceb05649b43a89f0.jpg
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230429/6751b55cef9a7521a32b5f2bb0f00f70.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
05-01-2023, 10:37 AM
It LOOKS like the kind of deer sausage we make, but every recipe is different. I have never heard of that sausage before and though we make our own sausage, I'm always keen to trying what other folks make.

Guess I will have to keep my eye open for it in the stores up here.

Thumper
05-01-2023, 11:29 AM
Yep, I'm sure homemade would beat it hands-down, but for store-bought, it's a decent sausage for the money. I've had much worse at a higher price-point.

Bwana, I have an old, antique (Enterprise?) cast iron sausage maker here and think of you every time I see it. I remember you used the same unit when you made your sausage the "old school" way. I'm about to get around to selling off all my junk ... errrr, I mean TREASURES and wondered if you'd be interested? I have no clue what shipping would be and that may be cost prohibitive, but it's on my list of items I need to clear out of here. You'd get the super discounted Good Hunting Good Guy price, so that might make the shipping cost a bit easier to absorb. Let me know if interested ... or have you broken into the 21st century and gone electric? ;)