PDA

View Full Version : Proud Parent - (Hey jb)

Bwana
05-04-2023, 10:33 AM
This past Saturday was the final hurrah for my daughter's college trap shooting career when her team, and teams from five other colleges (70 student athletes), competed in an end of season trap event consisting of a round of 100 singles and a round of 100 doubles on a VERY windy and cold day.

Long story short, in spite of the nasty conditions my daughter and her teammates shot quite well.

My daughter took the singles high female:

There were six individual awards given for: singles high male/female, doubles high male/female, and high overall male/female. Past members of our local high school program took home five of the six awards and had members attending four of the six colleges at the shoot. Here are the 5/6 winners;

Just an end of day photo of the college team and two other past high school participants.

Thumper
05-04-2023, 10:37 AM
Congrats proud papa! :thumbsup

BarryBobPosthole
05-04-2023, 10:39 AM
That’s awesome! I think I remember when y’all started that HS program. Congrats!

BKB

Chicken Dinner
05-04-2023, 06:26 PM
Very cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
05-04-2023, 07:34 PM
Awesome - You can tell she's proud of herself too....big grin!

DeputyDog
05-05-2023, 05:04 PM
That’s awesome! We are starting to see some HS teams popping up in my area now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jb
05-05-2023, 07:47 PM
That's great, I think the first time I met your daughter, she was still in elementary school.

That's great shooting, hope she enjoys it for many years to come. I shoot with a lady who is in her late 60's and still beats a lot of us men.
We have our Spring Team Shoot this weekend, shooters from all over the state, prizes are some very nice Belt Buckles.
My team has won two years in a row, going for 3 this weekend.

Don't shoot near as much as I use to, but still a few thousand rounds each year. Right now I"m working on getting my 50,000 certificate, only a few thousand rounds away.
Don't think she remembers me, but tell here Congrat's for her shooting and her College Degree.