PDA

View Full Version : Monday funny (it's real)

Thumper
05-08-2023, 08:43 AM
Read the cooking instructions on this package of bacon ... it's legit! :lmao

(It's funny, but TBH ... I don't think I learned to cook bacon in school.)

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2023, 08:46 AM
I didn’t learnto cook bacon in school either!
BkB

Thumper
05-08-2023, 08:59 AM
Well, I DID learn to read in school, so if you can't follow the instructions, I guess they could make their point that way, but I think THIS message is a bit "off". The owner of the company sounds like an old curmudgeon I know in Oklahoma. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2023, 09:48 AM
I don’t cook bacon in a frying pan any more, the few times we have it. Baked in the oven makes the best bacon ever. And a snap to clean up too!

Today’s Hint From Heloise.

BKB

Thumper
05-08-2023, 10:36 AM
Yep, that's the way Lynn cooks it .... just a sheet pan in the oven. I first saw that in Basic Training when I pulled KP duty. They had huge sheet pans and cooked hundreds (thousands?) of slices at a time. One major advantage is that the bacon lays flat and doesn't get all wadded up.

On an unrelated note, a friend gave us an air fryer as a gift when we bought the motorhome. For some reason, air fryers just sounded kind of hokey and we didn't use it right away, Finally, Lynn dragged it out and started experimenting, She ended up LOVING that darned thing and practically cooks EVERYTHING in it now. She bought disposable, paper liners and there is ZERO clean-up anymore. One thing that surprised me is that she cooks "boiled" eggs with the thing! In fact, she's "boiling" a dozen eggs right now to make deviled eggs, It's weird ... no water, nothing ... just puts them in the drawer, turns it on and gets perfect (not sure what to call them, boiled?) eggs every time. You name it, she cooks almost everything with it and it's perfect for the motorhome. No mess to clean up. Just pull out the liner, wad it up and throw it away. I never would have expected things to come out as well as they do. She absolutely loves that thing. BTW, due to all the oil and space needed, she still does bacon in a sheet pan in the oven. When camping, we fry it outside in a pan to keep the oil residue out of the motorhome.

quercus alba
05-08-2023, 10:49 AM
Season your flour in a ziplock bag, shake your bacon in it and pan fry

You’re welcome

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2023, 11:58 AM
Chicken fried bacon? No way.

Unless there’s gravy of course.

BKb

quercus alba
05-08-2023, 12:07 PM
I believe you could chicken fry a dog turd and serve it with gravy and biscuits and it wouldn't be bad

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2023, 12:21 PM
Growing up, I would’ve eaten a fried door knob if you could get the batter to stick. That’s what my Dad always said about me anyways.
I was one of those kids who could eat five fried pork chops at a sitting.
BKB

quercus alba
05-08-2023, 01:05 PM
a fried pork chop stuck between two pieces of bread ranks right up there with a thick sliced smoked baloney, tomato and mayo sandwich

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2023, 02:20 PM
Smoked baloney is the ribeye of SW Arkansas. Considering what Frick’s charges these days for a stick a baloney it costs about the same too!
Folks outside of this area turn their nose up at the mention, but they don’t know what they’re missing.
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
05-08-2023, 02:23 PM
a fried pork chop stuck between two pieces of bread ranks right up there with a thick sliced smoked baloney, tomato and mayo sandwich

A grilled pork cutlet on a bun with bbq sauce and coleslaw on it is what I’ve always heard called an Arkansas Pig Sammich. Good eats they are!