PDA

View Full Version : What up, Dawgs?

BarryBobPosthole
06-12-2023, 09:03 AM
GH is going through its usual early summer doldrums.

We’ve had one of the most pleasant early summers than we’ve had in a long time. Not many storms up our way this year, cool temps, and light breezes since prolly mid May. I get up at first light and do my walk with the pups and then cool down on the back porch while I catch up on ‘reading the paper’ (which these days requires no paper and no inky hands after reading). This morning its too dang chilly to sit out there especially if you’re sweaty! In almost mid June ffs. I’ll take it! Not complaining.

We have a three day camp/float on the Current River in Missouri the end of this month. Then a wedding in late Sept in Mizzou as well. Other than that we’re still busy on projects to get our house ready sell. If we only knew where we were going! lol. Other than that fishing. Must have more fishing. Chasing some river fish this summer too.

What’s y’all got planned?

BKB

quercus alba
06-12-2023, 10:56 AM
I've been misled, I was under the impression that when you retired life slowed down. Maybe I'm not doing it right.

quercus alba
06-12-2023, 11:02 AM
I've got some friends that caught the white bass running and they have absolutely overloaded me with fish. my freezer is so full I have things jumping out on on me when i open the door. I've given a lot of it away trying to make room and I've still got three or four deer frozen in my buddy's freezer to process

my cup truly runneth over

Chicken Dinner
06-12-2023, 11:47 AM
We went out to New Mexico for five days around Memorial Day and are looking for a week in August at a lake or on the Bay but haven’t had time to book it. (We’re trying out some different areas for a potential retirement place.) So far, I’ve fished every month this year so my New Year’s resolution is still in play.

Gonna go see the Nats beat up on Barry’s Cardinals this coming Monday. Otherwise, it’s been fairly quiet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
06-12-2023, 12:22 PM
It's been a pretty busy summer already, with lots of work and personal travel. Spent some time in Broken Bow Oklahoma, traveled / traveling for work to WDC, MIA, and SFO, and hoping to get over to Tulsa this weekend. Being an empty nester sure makes its a lot easier to get out of the house.