PDA

View Full Version : Aggravation

johnboy
06-13-2023, 06:40 PM
The Missus printer died. OK, not such a big deal. She beats the hell out of it. The aggravation? She just stocked up on cartridges cause they were 'on sale'. So now we have a whole buncha carts for a printer that won't fit ANY replacement printer. It's annoying that the manufacturers change cart design just so that the ones from your old printer won't fit any new printer. It's diabolic, I tell you. :pissed

Thumper
06-13-2023, 06:45 PM
I can’t count the times I’ve “been there, done that” and it always seemed to happen right after buying a mega-pack of cartridges from Sam’s Club. If it means anything, eBay can be your friend. I always sold my extra cartridges there, plus I’d grab every one I ran across at estate sales. They’re an easy sell. Other than that, I got nuttin’, but I feel your pain.

Thumper
06-13-2023, 06:48 PM
Heck, post what’cha gots. Maybe somebody here has a compatible printer. Of course, the chances are slim since there are only about 5 of us who hang around this joint any more.

quercus alba
06-13-2023, 09:32 PM
I bought an HP printer with a plan for ink replacement. I think I pay $5.99 a month for up to 100 copies. Plans range in price depending on how many copies you anticipate on using. They track copies online and automatically send you a new one when a cartridge gets low without you notifying them. Handy as a swiss army knife. I've been doing it for years and had no hassle at all