PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary Day

Thumper
06-14-2023, 09:49 AM
It was June 14, 1985 ... a Friday night (and my payday) in a swank nightclub full of Hollywood types in Beverly Hills. I was a regular at this place and was used to seeing plenty of eye-candy there. Then, out of the blue, the most beautiful woman I'd ever seen walked in the door and my jaw hit the floor. Long story, but I was actually able to speak with her. Long story made MUCH shorter, a one-night stand became permanent. She spent the night and next thing I knew, we were moving her clothes into my place! It's been 38 years now and like any relationship, we've had our ups and downs (I'll admit, the downs were usually my fault), but we've persevered. Today is our 38th "anniversary" and we'll be celebrating at our favorite Brazilian steakhouse. She had just turned 27 years old when we met (I was 33) and to mark our 38th, she received her first Social Security check today! Ha ha ha ha! Who'da thunk it?

quercus alba
06-14-2023, 10:28 AM
Congratulations Jim. I still think she needs her eyes checked

Me and mine going on 44 years

BarryBobPosthole
06-14-2023, 10:34 AM
That poor woman. Both of ‘em!

Congrats Jim! We haven’t been to a Brazillian steakhouse in a long time. The very best one I’ve been to was in Bonaire. Makes me hungry just to think about it. You’d better warn them ahead of time to add a few extra head of cattle down at the packinghouse.
BKB

Thumper
06-14-2023, 11:05 AM
Yep P-hole, we have a place called Terra Gaucha that has become our local favorite. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Great pics Q/A. LUCKILY, from what I’ve witnessed around this place, ALL women must have terrible eyesight! I wish I had earlier pics, but I NEVER carried a camera with me and adding cameras to cell phones hadn’t even been thought of, so I have VERY few early pics. The above pic was taken in a cruise ship bathroom and I think she was in her mid to late 40’s. She’s aged MUCH better than me! :(

DeputyDog
06-14-2023, 11:44 AM
Congratulations! It's hard to believe how anyone could put up with you for that long. :biggrin

Chicken Dinner
06-14-2023, 12:58 PM
Congrats to you both for our kicking your coverage! (I shudder to think of the damage done by Thump getting his money’s worth at one of those Brazilian steakhouses…)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
06-14-2023, 03:41 PM
this this term Brazilian steak a double entendre or sumpin?

Thumper
06-14-2023, 03:51 PM
Well, we just got back home and are ready to settle in for a relaxing evening. We just do nice lunches these days because going out for dinner usually gets us home past our bedtime. Ha! How times change.

Q/A, the key term that usually goes along with a Brazilian steakhouse is …. AYCE! (and there was not one hair in my meal) ;)

Bwana
06-29-2023, 05:54 PM
Congratulations to the two of you!