PDA

View Full Version : A new me !

jb
06-21-2023, 01:53 PM
Well it should have said a "New Knee"
That pic is from June 5th, everything went well, got rid of the walker last week, walking pretty good except things are still pretty stiff. Can do a leg bend of about 92 degrees, they want about 120.
Talk to me in about 5 months and I'll tell you if it was worth it.
Sorry if the picture is too much, sort of like Thumps picture of his back.
https://i.imgur.com/eL334nR.jpg

Thumper
06-21-2023, 05:00 PM
Looks like some of the “gaping” photos I have in my secret stash! ;)

Seriously dude, that does look brutal, but they probably do 1000’s per day. Hard to believe something that looks like that could be considered “routine”. Hope the recovery goes well so your naps will be more comfortable. My uncle had both knees replaced (one at a time) and after he was all healed up and walking again, they had a recall on them and he had to do it all over again!

Penguin
06-22-2023, 08:11 AM
Hope you get back to normal soon jb. Mom had both done and it has really improved her quality of life....

Knowing that it will pay dividends doesn't make those photos any less daunting tho. 😊

BarryBobPosthole
06-22-2023, 08:38 AM
Whew! That’s a nasty scratch there, Bubba. Total knee replacement? I’ve known some people who’ve got them and they all had positive things to say about it. It hurts to look at. I’ve had acl surgery and it took a year almost to the day to quit hurting. But I don’t even think about my knee any more where I spent almost a lifetime trying to protect it.

Good luck on your recovery! That PT stuff is important!

BKB

johnboy
06-22-2023, 01:01 PM
When they bring out the power tools, you know it's serious. Good luck and hope the healing is quick.

Trav
06-22-2023, 05:35 PM
So when I was hunting out in western Oklahoma one of the guys I was with was having ankle replacement surgery when he got home. That I have never heard of but it doesn’t sound pleasant.

Chicken Dinner
06-22-2023, 06:44 PM
Man, that’s gonna leave a mark. Glad you’re in the mend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
06-29-2023, 06:02 PM
From what I hear Posthole is right, get after the PT!

jb
06-30-2023, 10:44 AM
It's been 4 weeks now, pretty much over the hard part. Walking without cane or walker, doing stairs normally, and weekly PT at the Doc's Office. Feeling is discomfort more than pain, bone on bone soreness is completely gone. They have me signed up for 8 more weeks of PT, but I feel I'll be able to cut that in half the rate I'm going.
Hope none of you have to go through a TKR, but it's there if needed.

BarryBobPosthole
06-30-2023, 12:15 PM
That’s some welcome news, Bubba!

BKB

DeputyDog
06-30-2023, 01:00 PM
Glad to hear things are progressing well!