PDA

View Full Version : Funny incident on Sunday afternoon

hotshot
03-04-2013, 09:31 AM
My daughter wanted to go ice skating for some reason this weekend. She crammed her feet in to her too small skates and zipped around a nearby lake. I drove her down the road to a small lake near our house to do so. I was standing on the edge watching her. Near me were some cattails. I watched for awhile, and then shifted my weight to my right foot. Whooosh, went through the ice and up to my hip in cold muck. This was 2 steps from shore.
I had on my knee high mcud boots, so I filled one up with water! Hustled back to the truck a few steps away and drove home with my daughter laughing at me the whole way. She's 13 so time is short. Any chance to do something with her- I'm gonna be there. This one will be remembered awhile as "one step to far".
BTW she skated really well for having her feet almost doubled over in her old skates.

Buckrub
03-04-2013, 10:14 AM
You're standing on ice 2 feet from shore, and break through just standing there. Your daughter is skating around on a semi frozen pond that you took her to and just dumped her onto, out in the middle.

And you think something about that is funny??

You people up there are NOT wrapped right, I'm tellin' ya.

hotshot
03-04-2013, 10:22 AM
The ice was fine:
I checked it first. The ice was weak neat the cattails because they conduct heat- being dark in color and their root systems being even darker. Decomposition also creates warmth...... I should a known that is where the weak Ice was. I thought the clump of cattails was frozen together which makes them prime for standing on.....
She was on 5-6 inches of ice the whole time.

Buckrub
03-04-2013, 10:25 AM
Yeah yeah yeah.

Stupid yankees.

Ice is for drinks.