PDA

View Full Version : New hobby

Trav
10-05-2023, 08:06 PM
I have started dabbling in collecting and drinking bourbon, got a nice little collection going.

Chicken Dinner
10-05-2023, 08:19 PM
Careful, it’s a sickness. I’m up to about 60 (mostly rye with bourbon a close second) bottles and that’s after culling some the past couple of months. Len, RT and I know a guy for who my small collection is a go bag.

You’ve got some good pours in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trav
10-05-2023, 08:44 PM
I have about 20 more but couldn’t fit them on the bat. Luckily I have very generous friends, I have only bought half of them.

Trav
10-05-2023, 09:19 PM
CD can your guy get EH Taylor or Eagle Rare?

Chicken Dinner
10-06-2023, 10:38 AM
In DC where I work, I can get just about anything but you pay market prices. In VA where I live, we have state run stores that charge MRSP but the selection is limited. Anything special/limited availability is either done by lottery for the really good stuff or “dropped” periodically throughout the state where they do an announcement and everyone races to the store and buys it ip in about 30 minutes even though they limit you to one bottle.

Egghead who posts here occasionally is the real expert and my go-to on all things bourbon. He’s on vacation but I’ll flag this post for him chime in.

In answer to your direct question, no EHT but I have a couple of bottles of Eagle Rare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hombre
10-06-2023, 10:45 AM
Need to add some Whistle Pig in there

Trav
10-06-2023, 07:42 PM
Need to add some Whistle Pig in there

Right in the middle is a 10 year Rye (pale yellow label)

Egghead
10-06-2023, 08:08 PM
Trav, welcome to what may become an obsession. The pic doesn't blow up so well but I think you've got some unique ones - can you post a bigger pic?

EHT and ER are a harder get in some places than others. VA has them in their drops pretty regularly, but they go early. Outside of VA, we've found that establishing relationships with store owners helps to get the harder to find bottles.

BarryBobPosthole
10-07-2023, 08:25 AM
It always pays to have a good relationship with your local liquor store owners. Where it gets to be problematic is when you know all the ones in other towns too I guess.
Y’all may need more fire supression.
BKB

Egghead
10-07-2023, 08:56 AM
It always pays to have a good relationship with your local liquor store owners. Where it gets to be problematic is when you know all the ones in other towns too I guess.
Y’all may need more fire supression.
BKB

And stronger floors.