PDA

View Full Version : CFB Week 8

quercus alba
10-17-2023, 02:12 PM
We're starting to get down to the nut cutting with most of the cupcake games past......except whoever plays Arkansas. Tougher games makes tougher picking as well.

Central Florida at Oklahoma: As Paul Simon would would say "You gotta hop on the Gus bus....NOT". Sooners 37-16

Air Force at Navy: Love the service games, feel the Force Luke.........Falcons 31-10

Penn State at Ohio State: A sure sign of the apocalypse because I'm pulling for the Buckeyes. I will never pull for a James Franklin led team however, I think Penn st wins 20-17

Mississippi State at Arkansas: ordinarily I pick State by a hundred but QB Will Rogers is out for the season so I'm only picking them by 20. State 27-7

Rutgers at Indiana: I like Schiano so I'm going with the Scarlet Ka-nights 31-21

Washington State at Oregon: Ptttttttt. I'll say Ducks by ten, 38-28

Tennessee at Alabama: SEC has to protect their cash cow so look for Bama to get a call/no call late in the game and win 20-17

Minnesota at Iowa: I hope the Hawkeyes win so Hidey's wife won't bully him too badly. Iowa 20-14

Oklahoma State at West Virginia: Interesting match-up here, if I was a gambler I wouldn't touch this one. Okie-State 31-30

Wisconsin at Illinois: This one may go to overtime, Wisco 4-2

South Carolina at Missouri: Gamecocks are like a box of chocolates, so I'm taking the home team. Mizzou 34-30

Pittsburgh at Wake Forest: Jekyll meets Hyde. Ying meets Yang. I have no idea but I'll pick Pitt 33-26

Northwestern at Nebraska: Hope the Cornholers beat them by 50 but they won't. Bugeaters 27-26

Texas at Houston: After beating WV with a hail Mary they'll need a few Our Fathers, Hail Holy Queen's and a box of rosary beads this week. Horns 35-17

Virginia at North Carolina: I sure wish Cappy was around to watch his boys in blue this year. Tarholes 41-21

Ole Miss at Auburn: You can come out of the closet now Big Muddy, it's okay to root for Ole Miss. Rebel Black Bear Land Sharks 30-24

TCU at Kansas State: Kendal Briles will run his famous tight end sneak on the goal line again and it won't work again. Mildcats 28-21

Texas Tech at BYU: Brigham's boys only beat Arkansas by 7 but it's also being played in rarefied air so I'll go Raiders by ten or so. 38-27

Duke at Florida State: Jordan Travis is good to go and that's bad news for Duke. Semenholes 31-20

Michigan at Michigan State: Not much of a grudge match anymore. Wolverines 42-16

Army at LSU: Army should keep the LSU offense off the field enough to make it respectable but too little too late. Tigers 34-24

Utah at USC: Who cares? Condoms 33-30

Clemson at Miami: Tough one here, my head says Miami but my heart says Clempson. Canes go down 26-24

Arizona State at Washington: Yaaaaawn. Huskies over the scumdevils 35-21

BarryBobPosthole
10-18-2023, 09:33 AM
Tenn at Bama is the only game (other than ours) that I have any real interest in. Ought to be pretty close. But its not even in the realm of possibility that Satan would lose two at home in one season!
Is it?
Pigs may fly!
BKB

Chicken Dinner
10-19-2023, 12:19 PM
Mac and Carolina will find a way to lose at least one they shouldn’t. Hopefully, it’ll be against the Wolfpack as we’ve owned their asses the last 10 years or so.

I’m mostly glad that both NC State and Va Tech have a week off so I can get the taste of disappointment out of my mouth for a couple of weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Muddy
10-19-2023, 02:53 PM
"""Ole Miss at Auburn: You can come out of the closet now Big Muddy, it's okay to root for Ole Miss."""

Ha, only if I was in an insane, convoluted, mentally disoriented, deranged, stark raving crazy, state of mind would that ever happen.
(besides, I'll take Hugh Freeze over "Joey Freshwater", anytime. Just wait, he's gonna screw up and hang himself, again.)

quercus alba
10-19-2023, 04:33 PM
The lengths I have to go to in order to draw Edward out

Sup’ brother?

BarryBobPosthole
10-19-2023, 04:57 PM
"""Ole Miss at Auburn: You can come out of the closet now Big Muddy, it's okay to root for Ole Miss."""

Ha, only if I was in an insane, convoluted, mentally disoriented, deranged, stark raving crazy, state of mind would that ever happen.
(besides, I'll take Hugh Freeze over "Joey Freshwater", anytime. Just wait, he's gonna screw up and hang himself, again.)

I do my best to take up for you Muddy, but you can see how they are.

Hope you’re fit and fat and sassy!

BKB

Big Muddy
10-19-2023, 07:19 PM
Since you asked, QA, I figured I'd chime in. My neck of the woods is absolutely roasted, after nearly 5 months of relentless heat and drought conditions.
I've never witnessed such an extended duration of hot dry weather in all my years, and our weather has broken all the records.
To date, our rainfall is down 50%, with no end in sight, and we're headed into the month of Nov. with 90 degree temps.
I've been running my crop irrigation wells to pump enough water to keep the deer and other wildlife alive. Food plots are non-existent.

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2023, 09:16 AM
Sorry to hear that. Maybe the El Nino effect with break the drought for you this winter. You’re having the seasons we had here last year. Its pretty amazing the changes last year’s heat and drought had on the land around here.
BKB

quercus alba
10-20-2023, 09:33 AM
The way your luck is running you'll get about 36 inches of rain the week before rifle season opens and have skeeters as big as turkey vultures swarming anything that moves.

Seriously, drop by once in a while and maybe we can work some of that Good Hunting magic and help you out. It happens too often to be coincidence

Big Muddy
10-20-2023, 11:34 AM
:clap:clap:clap

Chicken Dinner
10-22-2023, 08:55 AM
Good to see you check in again BM!

A lot of pretenders got exposed yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk