PDA

View Full Version : Say a Word

BarryBobPosthole
10-20-2023, 11:12 AM
My friend, Birddog just stopped by for a bit. He and his family are in full time caregiver mode with his Dad, who is 92 and in a veterans facility for those who need full time medical care. He fell recently, not long after push mowing his big town lot, and broke his hip which is really tough on older folks. then he’s had a bad spell with afib and has been unable to do physical rehab. Keith and his family just lost his Mom earlier this year and its been a hard time as you can imagine for his Dad.
So say a word and keep that family in your thoughts and of course for our friend Birddog. If you’ve ever been a caregiver for someone who totally depends on you, then you know how hard it is. And if you haven’t, take my word for it.

BkB

Thumper
10-20-2023, 11:49 AM
That’s TOUGH duty. Give BD my best. I hate to say it, but falling and breaking a hip usually turns fatal for the elderly. Been there, done that a FEW times with family members. Instead of healing, they seem to just go downhill from there on. With my mom (after a fall she didn’t even remember), it was a broken arm and shoulder. She was self-sufficient before the fall, but never really recovered. I hope BD’s dad is the exception and I’m pulling for the Birddog family. Hope all goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Dinner
10-21-2023, 06:39 AM
You’ve got it buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bwana
10-24-2023, 09:12 AM
On the way.