PDA

View Full Version : Hogs OC and Other CfB stuff

BarryBobPosthole
10-23-2023, 12:53 PM
I see that the Piggies fired their OC. Is this a sacrificial lamb to save the hc job? Who they looking at?

In other news, Pat McAfee hasn’t signed a new contract yet with college game Day. That bunch is hard to watch on a normal saturday but with that constantly yelling freak its unwatchable. What’s my choice? Turn to Fox to listen to Urban Meyer?

I will pull a Jimbo here and just throw my hands up and scream ‘The world is going to hell!’

BKB

Thumper
10-23-2023, 12:59 PM
Or as my dear grandmother would say, “Hell in a hand basket”! ;)

quercus alba
10-23-2023, 02:57 PM
My two cents: I figure than Arkansas athletic director Hunter Yurichek probably handed Sam Pittman a piece of paper Sunday and told him, "there's two names on here, one of them won't be here tomorrow......your choice." Dan Enos was a knee jerk hire to spite Kendal Briles for flirting with other teams. One of those I can replace you today hires. Bad fit from the start, square peg meet round hole. I strongly suspicion Sam was going to retire next year win lose or draw. He was hired to put out a dumpster fire, steady the program and bring in some recruits for the next guy which he has done. Firing Enos was a bit of an empty gesture to placate the fans and hold on to a pretty good recruiting class coming in. Sam's not the answer and I think everybody has come to realize that. Arkansas is probably a little more appealing to potential applicants than it was four years ago so I believe Pittman was just a pawn to lure in a future king or at least a young knight.

Concerning Pat McAfee he can't be gone quick enough for me. I think he was just an experiment tying to bring a younger audience to a sinking ship. Game day is ESPN's bread and butter in the fall and instead of breaching the gap he's widened it. Give him a show of his own like Stephen A Smith and see if the lunatic fringe can keep him employed.
Game day needs to shortened to about 90 minutes max with more picks more signs and less human interest stories because most humans aren't interested any more than the announcers faking their interest. Keep a running score of how each picker is doing and talk a little trash to each other. Make it interesting. 100% NO POLITICS either directly or by insinuation

Chicken Dinner
10-23-2023, 08:18 PM
I’ve got nothing on the Hogs OC. (But, I did note that baseball score last weekend.)

Pat McAfee can just go away already. My oldest had me check out his pod cast a few weeks ago and it was mildly entertaining. Now, he’s every where in TV and just not that entertaining.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk