PDA

View Full Version : Question for CFB Knowerabouters

BarryBobPosthole
11-08-2023, 09:08 AM
Whassup up with JMU? All of a sudden I’m seeing lot of news stories about bowl games?
BKB

quercus alba
11-08-2023, 10:09 AM
There is a two year transition period when moving from D2 up to D1 when you're not allowed to participate inn a bowl game unless there aren't enough teams to qualify for all the bowl games. They're in year 2.

More NCAA BS

DeputyDog
11-08-2023, 11:47 AM
Must be pretty exciting on that campus about now if the football team is making that kind of noise and their basketball team just beat #4 rated Sparty on Monday to open the regular season.

Thumper
11-08-2023, 12:10 PM
I have no clue what youse inbreds are jabberin' about. :huh

BarryBobPosthole
11-08-2023, 01:21 PM
That’s quite a role change!

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
11-08-2023, 02:13 PM
So, Deputy. Did Purdue break the same rule they’re accusing Michigan of?

BKB

DeputyDog
11-08-2023, 10:33 PM
From what I’ve heard Michigan is claiming that Purdue was given their signals before last year’s championship game by Ohio State and Rutgers.

From what I understand, the actual sign stealing isn’t illegal, it’s the in-person advanced scouting that is illegal and if other schools got together to compile a spreadsheet which they shared the issue would be if it could be considered “advanced scouting”. I’m not sure there is anyone left on the coaching staff from last year at Purdue, so who would you punish?

There seems to be a lot of evidence that the Michigan staffer purchased tickets at almost every other Big Ten stadium and apparently there is video of the people in those seats filming the sideline.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2023, 12:29 PM
https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38857942/michigan-sign-stealing-embrace-villain-role

This is an interesting take on it from ESPN.

Is it really a big nothing burger? Its low level cheating so it should be just laughed off? I guessthat’s why schools go to elaborate means to protect theirsignals and Michigan (and many others apparently) spend a lot of time and money trying to steal them

I will admit that the writer has some salient points.

Mountain? Or molehill? (Astros fans want to know)

BKB

quercus alba
11-10-2023, 12:32 PM
I've worked out an elaborate system for disguising your signals from opposing teams using a couple of bikini clad coeds, a live chicken, two tubs of whipping cream and a weed eater.

I'm in the marketing stage right now