PDA

View Full Version : C’mon QA

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2023, 12:18 PM
Where’s our CFB post? We have questions for CD to ask, like WTFO?

And its November!

GitRDone, bruh.
BKB

quercus alba
11-10-2023, 12:26 PM
I'm splitting time right now between making my picks and cooking a pot of cheesy cabbage and smoked sausage soup

both equally important

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2023, 12:32 PM
Oooh, I might have to have a recipe for that. Cheesy cabbage? Explosive, yet binding in a way.
Interesting.

BKB

quercus alba
11-10-2023, 12:34 PM
low carb too for us diabetics

quercus alba
11-10-2023, 12:54 PM

Pretty good stuff Maynard, a little thin but the chunk of sourdough will take care of that

Thumper
11-10-2023, 01:01 PM
That looks way too healthy for me. I need more carbs to help maintain my portly figure.

quercus alba
11-10-2023, 01:02 PM
you can always butter the bread

BarryBobPosthole
11-10-2023, 02:53 PM
That looks way too healthy for me. I need more carbs to help maintain my portly figure.

Falstaffian even.

DeputyDog
11-10-2023, 04:04 PM
Go go go for Falstaff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
11-11-2023, 12:27 PM
My Mom’s oldest sister was married to an Arkansas State Trapper named Lone Barker. My earliest memories of him were him sitting in his yard drinking Falstaff. Steel cans prolly in those days too. I can taste the can still! He gave me my first drink of beer. And to top it off, ScottCounty was and still is, dry.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-11-2023, 07:00 PM
I remember Fallstaff being $4/case when I was in HS. Pretty sure that was the only good thing about it.

BarryBobPosthole
11-11-2023, 07:08 PM
Some of those old beer brands have cult followings now. Stag, Shlitz (when you’re out of Bud, it’s the schlitz!), PBR.

BKB

Chicken Dinner
11-11-2023, 07:49 PM
My best buddy’s Dad owned stock in Schmidt’s and always kept a bunch of it in the basement. Burp!

DeputyDog
11-11-2023, 08:54 PM
In college I drank a shitload of Stroh’s. The only reason was that it was cheap and at the time, the only beer that came in a 30 pack.

Thumper
11-12-2023, 08:11 AM
My Mom’s oldest sister was married to an Arkansas State Trapper named Lone Barker. My earliest memories of him were him sitting in his yard drinking Falstaff. Steel cans prolly in those days too. I can taste the can still! He gave me my first drink of beer. And to top it off, ScottCounty was and still is, dry.

BKB

A state trapper? Was he one of Hide Hunter’s buddies? [emoji23]

Thumper
11-12-2023, 08:38 AM
In college, I had a pretty meager paycheck. The college was in a dry county, but there was ONE bar in town and it’s customers were 100% college students. It was closed on Sunday, but a Cadillac and 4-5 cop cars were always on the back lot every Sunday, so I’m not sure what the “arrangement” was with local law enforcement. A guy we called Cadillac owned it (he drove the Caddie on the back lot) and the place was actually called “Cadillacs”. But, if you cashed a check there, it was stamped Martin Recreation Center (hey, it had pool tables!). Ol’ Cadillac was pretty sharp. He figured parents who were funding their kid’s education probably didn’t want to see cancelled checks coming in from “Cadillac’s Bar and Pool Hall.” [emoji6]

(The Engineering branch of Univ. of Tennessee is in Martin, TN)

Budweiser was 35-cents/bottle and I’d drink Bud the first half of the week, but as my funds would dwindle, I’d have to switch to PBR toward the end of the week as Pabst was only 30-cents/bottle.

When I got into the military, Bud was 25-cents/bottle. [emoji106]

BarryBobPosthole
11-12-2023, 11:36 AM
In those days, skunky ass beers were considered highbrow. Heinekin has to be the worst beer in the whole del mundo.

And who remembers wide mouth Mickeys? They were short beers only because it was so bad people couldn’t finish one. And speaking of high brow, Lowenbrau sucked ass too.

BKB