PDA

View Full Version : Deppity’s boilermakers

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2023, 12:59 PM
And not the old whiskey in your beer routine.

They’re kicking some booty in mbb and about to take on numero uno Arizona this weekend. They been ballin!

And ps, the Sooners picked up the Burks kid from Purdue. He got any chops?

BKB

DeputyDog
12-12-2023, 03:21 PM
I’ve got tickets to the Arizona game Saturday!

He’s a good receiver, not the fastest but has great hands and makes great plays. Hated to see him transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2023, 03:50 PM
And pss…we’re just now getting over that flippin chest cold we caught somewhere between here and Indiana. Three dad gum weeks of slinging snot and coughing and wheezing.
It was a bad’un. But its almost gone now! Good riddance! I hatecolds!

BarryBobPosthole
12-12-2023, 05:40 PM
The Sooners are getting hit hardest in the portal on the offensive line, which has generally been considered a bulwark room that just produces. Just lost a five star true freshman that started seven games for us this year. Rumor has him going to Mizzou but I don’t think anyone really knows. What I do know is these are 18-19 year olds being offered tremendous opportunities. I can’t see anything wrong with that. And I think it’ll govern itself after it careens out of control for a while.
BKb

DeputyDog
12-12-2023, 09:15 PM
Purdue is getting hit all over. I think there are 3 or 4 WR’s, a couple of RB’s, and a handful of offensive linemen in the portal pulse several DL’s and LB’s from the defensive side.

quercus alba
12-12-2023, 09:28 PM
The hogs don’t have anyone that other teams want so we’re stuck with the same no talent players we had last year.

BarryBobPosthole
12-13-2023, 10:22 PM
Was listening to a podcast that is put on by a couple of active players where they were discussing the current stateof affairs with NiL and the portal. Basically, they say the biggest volume of players moving right now are guys right below the guaranteed start-every-game level that can easily command six figures NIL money in the portal. Thats because schools spend most of their NIL on elite players and not so much on the next level down. So it arbitrage, plain and simple. Both players in the discussion said the current model isn’t sustainable.
But they both said modern college football is 100% a business for players and schools alike. I thought it was some of the more mature discussion I’ve seen on the topic.
BKB

BarryBobPosthole
12-17-2023, 10:07 AM
Congrats on the big win, Deputy!
BKB

DeputyDog
12-17-2023, 10:22 AM
I was able to get tickets for the game and we had a group of 6 of us go down to Indy for it. I took my kids and my father-in-law and my sister and brother-in-law.

It was a great game. Two really good teams with different playing styles. The placed was packed and there were actually quite a few Arizona fans there.

I’d think that this win should put Purdue back at #1 since Kansas barely beat a mediocre Indiana team.

The game was at the arena where the Pacers play in downtown Indy and the Colts had a home game yesterday afternoon also, so downtown was one big tailgate party.

Your Sooners are looking good too. One of, I think, only three unbeaten teams left.