PDA

View Full Version : People say that I'm

quercus alba
03-05-2024, 09:06 PM
no good and crazy as a loon and I guess they're right although I like to think of it as eccentric. I saw that Thump had derailed the hot sauce thread with chicken wing sauce and it got me to thinking. I won't eat a wing with any kind of sauce on it or dip them in anything. I'll drag a fried chicken wing through gravy/mashed taters but I've got this thing about messy eating. Very few are the foods that I'll eat with my fingers. If I can't eat it with a fork or spoon then I'm not much interested in it. I'm not OCD about anything else I just don't like spending half my meal wiping or licking my fingers. I sometimes can eat a meal without ever picking up a napkin. I once noticed a young lady staring at me at a pot luck and I asked her was something wrong and she replied " I've never seen a man eat chicken spaghetti and not get any in his beard

Crazy.

Thumper
03-06-2024, 01:23 AM
Hey, my wing post was about hot sauce, not the wings you old curmudgeon. ;)

Lynn never touches any of her food either and eats her wings with frigging chop sticks! Me? I don’t mind licking my fingers from time to time. (Lynn HATES when I do that!)

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2024, 09:10 AM
So when Jerry Clower talked about getting sardines in mustard sauce all up in your eyebrows it must’ve put you over the edge!

And how, pray tell, do you eat a rib?

BKB

quercus alba
03-06-2024, 11:11 AM
I eat ribs with no sauce when I eat them which is rarely. I usually order smoked sausage with sauce on the side

jb
03-07-2024, 08:48 PM
I'm with you 100%, fingers are for picking your nose, not picking up greasy, sticky, slimy poultry by products. :friday

Thumper
03-08-2024, 09:22 AM
Jeeez! So, is this how you Arkie and Michigander pansies eat your corn-on-the-cob? [emoji1787]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240308/c49b052901c47426c091978404151f89.jpg

quercus alba
03-08-2024, 11:12 AM
Nope, my wife doesn't allow me to handle sharp pointy things. Mostly I cut it off the cob before I eat it. Occasionally I'll sauté it (off the cob of course) in butter with salt pepper garlic powder and cumin and then stir in a little mayo and parmesan to make a poor man's Mexican street corn. I do eat corn on the cob right out f the icebox, not as messy when it's cold

Thumper
03-08-2024, 11:25 AM
Arrrrggghhh! I give up. You’re beyond hope! [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
03-08-2024, 11:57 AM
Arrrrggghhh! I give up. You’re beyond hope!

I hear that from the wife all the time, or maybe it's beyond help. Helpless hopeless it doesn't really matter at my age

BarryBobPosthole
03-08-2024, 11:57 AM
Watermelon is another food I tend to have to wash my face after. We have never ending melon in our fridge in season.

BKB

Penguin
03-10-2024, 10:32 AM
Oh man. Just goes to show that there's different strokes don't it. 😊

I absolutely LUV a good mess of hot chicken wings. Give me that and fried deer steak, maybe half runners done up right and I could survive on a desert island. And be happy.

Will