PDA

View Full Version : Test, test, testicles ....

Thumper
03-16-2024, 09:18 AM
Just checking to see if this joint is still up and running.

Test, test

Thumper
03-16-2024, 09:18 AM
Ok .... I can see it ... I assume everyone here can. (?)

Thumper
03-16-2024, 09:27 AM
Ok, this came in from GoDaddy around 3:00 am:

Your hosting migration has started for cPanel Web Hosting.
Migration for cPanel Web Hosting has begun and may take up to 24 hours to complete. The following services may be affected during migration:
goodhunting.info

We do our best to run our updates with no disruption, but we may need to take things offline.

And this came in about an hour later:

Your domain account migrated successfully.
Congrats! goodhunting.info has migrated from the North America Data Center to our center in North America.

Your new IP address is 198.12.239.229

Important:We detected that the DNS for your domain is not under our control.To make sure your site is live after migration, you must update your A record IP address with your DNS provider.

The highlighting of that last paragraph is mine. This stuff is Greek to me. I ain't no techie, just a simple accountant. Does this mean anything to youse more enlightened dufeasses? Anything I ... errr, WE should worry about? As far as I can tell, this dump is still up and running.

DeputyDog
03-16-2024, 09:42 AM
I can see it from my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
03-16-2024, 10:02 AM
I know that a murmuration is a starling migration and a dray is a squirrel migration but I don't think I've seen a migration of hostings.

Must be a rare phenomena

Big Muddy
03-16-2024, 10:09 AM
I'm present and see everything.....well, mostly.....showered and put on the church clothes that wifey laid out for me.....we were about to get in the car, and leave for church, when I saw the postman at our mailbox.....WTF, mail isn't delivered on Sunday !!!.....AARRRRR, well, I'll just be day'um, it's Saturday !!!.....ha, at least I got my weekend bath out of the way.

Well, it was an honest mistake.....we had been on the gulf coast in Biloxi most of week, and our minds were still in travel mode.....that, and I was introduced to the wonderful flavor and taste of Drambuie.....it's a delightful little after-dinner drink, which mates really well, following a couple of dozen raw oysters !!!, however, too much of it will make your eyes roll back in your skull like a slot machine !!!

Thumper
03-16-2024, 10:40 AM
Well, as far as I can tell, we're still on-line. I have no clue if I need to "record our IP address with our DNS provider" or not. Heck, I don't even know who Dennis is! Or what he provides.

Muddy, now that Lynn and I are both retired, you'd be surprised how often that happens. A couple weeks ago we went out to eat at a local buffet and were confused as to why the price was so high. We were informed that was their "weekend pricing". We were well aware of the price difference, which is why we only eat there on weekdays. It turned out to be a Saturday! To keep from embarrassing ourselves, we coughed up the extra funds.

Fast forward to last night. We're treating some close friends to lunch on Monday (because his wife still works and is off on Mondays). It's a nice restaurant and a bit pricey, but he retired this week and we're treating them as a retirement celebration. Last night I told Lynn I'd forgotten to get a haircut (I'm like TWO months overdue and am starting to look like P-hole)! My barber is closed on Sundays and we're picking our friends up at 10:30 am on Monday to drive them to the restaurant in Tampa, so I won't have time! Lynn looked at me and said, "Aren't ALL barbershops open on Saturdays?" Duh, I thought today was Sunday, so I'm right there with you buddy!

BarryBobPosthole
03-16-2024, 11:03 AM
So does that mean we’re immigrants now?

BKB

Big Muddy
03-16-2024, 11:14 AM
It's like the doc told a buddy of mine....."""I'm sorry to inform you, but you have been diagnosed with a severe case of the CRS disease""".....you Can't Remember Sheeit.

Chicken Dinner
03-16-2024, 12:06 PM
Present! My memory seems to get worse everyday so maybe e it’s a sign I should be retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk