View Full Version : And WOKE claims another victim ....

Thumper
05-09-2024, 11:17 AM
I was a Cub Scout, WEBLOS, Boy Scout and an Explorer Scout as a kid. I guess it's one of those "olden days" things now.

The Boy Scouts of America announced Tuesday that it would no longer be known under that name in order to become more inclusive.

The organization will be known as Scouting America.

Oh well, I guess 114 years was a pretty good run ... times change I suppose.

Bwana
05-09-2024, 11:40 AM
SAD state of affairs for SURE!

Hombre
05-09-2024, 01:01 PM
I have a buddy who's an eagle scout and now works in the program. We talked about this change coming long ago. The one thing he did say is the Boy Scouts is much more developed and offers a lot more, so he would have liked his daughter to be able to participate. I think the case can be made that changes should be made the the GS, but like you said above 114 years is a long time, and a lot of time to develop a program.

Chicken Dinner
05-09-2024, 01:03 PM
In reality, I think it’s more of a business move than a work thing. Once they lost the Momons, they had no choice but to let in girls and try to take out the GSA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

quercus alba
05-09-2024, 03:38 PM
we don't need to be teaching our children that this type of depravity is normal or right.

Thumper
05-09-2024, 05:00 PM
It’s still seems (and sounds) weird to me, but admittedly, I’m a dinosaur. That said, our neice was a “Boy Scout” (see how weird that sounds?) and made Eagle Scout 3 years ago. She’s in college now. Now her brother and sister (they’re twins) are in the Boy Scouts and will probably follow her lead. Of course, they ARE Californians, so there is that.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20240509/c01b540ee0bc699de7822737a2102f5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk