PDA

View Full Version : Damn Yankees!

Thumper
03-05-2013, 07:25 PM
What's with all that dang Yankee snow?? Sheesh! We had a direct, non-stop flight out of L. A. this morning and were to get home at a decent time early this evening. We get to LAX bright and early this morning only to find out our flight was cancelled. Seems a bunch of planes were stuck in Chicago. Crap! They finally got us on a flight out'ta there which took us to frigging Kansas City! Now they found us a flight to Orlando that arrives at 11:30 tonight. THEN we have to wait for the hotel shuttle to pick us up and take us to the Orlando Hyatt to get our car. THEN we have to drive home, so we should drag in around 2:00 am or so. THEN we have to drag our luggage in and simi-unpack. Not too bad for me, but Lynn has to work tomorrow! It's frigging MARCH! What's wrong with youse Yankee snow makin' peoples? This is gonna be a loooong day! :(

Big Muddy
03-05-2013, 08:34 PM
Day'um, Thump, just tell 'em who you are, and all the important people that you know....that oughta put 'em in high gear, and they'll send you a private jet. ;)

(P.S. Hope ya'll make it home safe and sound....good to have you back on the board....been too quiet around here....nobody's had a single argument....please start some sheeit, as soon as possible. ;) )

Thumper
03-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Ha! What really sucks is, since we had a quick, direct flight, I put both our phone chargers in our checked baggage. Now, here we are with tons of time to kill and we keep turning our phones off to save the batteries. Plus, we have 12 pounds of sliced pastrami in our carry-on that we had no worries about since we just had a 5 hour flight ahead of us. Now, by time we get home, we'll have been dragging it around for 15-16 hours! Arrrrggghhhh! It caused quite a stir going through security. The pastrami is packed in 2 pound vacuum sealed packages. When going through x-ray, it looked just like a bag with 6 kilos of coke! Supervisors were called and we were pulled aside while 3 officers dissected our bag! It's been a "fun" day .... And it's only half over. Still sitting in KC. We've been watching the board. Our flight outta here has gone from 7:30 to 7:40 .... And was changed a few minutes ago to 7:55. Looks like this day just keeps getting longer! :(

Buckrub
03-05-2013, 09:09 PM
Oh come on. You got a bud with a jet. You know you do!

Oh, and I had a flight once with you, I think.........'meat' drippings came all down the seats from the overhead carryon. When it came time to leave, no one claimed or touched that 'meat'!!!

And........at least it wasn't lead crystal!! (Inside joke).......

BarryBobPosthole
03-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Not much at the Kc airport is there? I can't remember if there's a phone charge kiosk there or not but most airports have them.
Safe travels!
Ain't it fun?
BKB

Captain
03-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Sounds like you will have a dead phone and a full belly when you get home.
Just act like the pastrami is KFC, It should be gone in no-time...:lmao
Take Care, Captain

BarryBobPosthole
03-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Reckon you can find some rye in the KC airport?

BKB

Big Muddy
03-06-2013, 01:27 AM
If that pastrami turns a little gamey to your taste buds, send it to me....Sandy loves Italian food. ;)

Thumper
03-06-2013, 03:00 AM
Awww, you bunch'a dufebutt bozos! We just pulled in but I'm still a bit wired from the trip and will catch up here while I wind down. Dang ... that was a long day considering it started out as a simple non-stop flight from L.A. to Orlando. Look at the time-stamp on this post ... I predicted a 2:00 am arrival ... couldn't have hit it any closer than that! Sheeesh!

Yep Barry, there were charging stations all over the place at the KC airport. One area was nothing but big ol' lounge chairs with plug-ins between all the chairs for laptops, etc. Then there was a large table type thingy with a bazillion recepticles to plug chargers in. Problem was, both our chargers were in our CHECKED baggage. I saw no reason to lug them around since we had a direct (non-stop) flight. We simply nursed them along all day and I got home with about a 37 percent charge left ... not sure what Lynn's phone had left on it.

As for the pastrami ... it came through unscathed. The cooler and freezer packs did their job well. We ran across this stuff at our local Sam's Club a month or so ago and decided to try it. DAMN! It ranked right up there with some of the top pastrami we've had in some high-bucks, snooty sammich shops, so we went back for more only to find they were out of it. We asked the meat dept. manager when he'd get more in and we were told it had been discontinued! &$##$^&&%$-IT! Lynn called the manufacturer to see if we could buy it locally anywhere and were told it didn't sell very well on the east coast and Sam's discontinued it ... BUT, it's a big seller on the west coast and the west coast Sam's stores still carry it. Huh??? Anyway, we checked the Sam's in L.A. and sure enough, they had it in stock, so we loaded up a cooler and brought a nice supply home with us. I LOVES me a good pastrami sammich!

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2013, 09:02 AM
By charging station, I mean there's kiosks which provide the cable with the plug on the end of it that fits your phone as well dufus. The only people I ever see using them are dufuses though, which explains a lot.
BKB

Chicken Dinner
03-06-2013, 09:20 AM
Checking your charger? What a rookie mistake...

Thumper
03-06-2013, 09:35 AM
Ya' know P-hole ... the big "table thingy" may have been a charging station. I didn't really look at it ... just happened to notice it on my way to the restroom. They've had those in Thailand for many, many years and even have kiosks at the mall. The "table" I spotted yesterday wasn't really a free-standing "kiosk" though ... I really didn't pay much attention to it.

CD ... yeah, I suppose you're right. Heck, LAX is only a 10 mile drive from Lynn's mom's house and we had a direct flight, on which, we'd have our phones turned off anydamnway ... then once we land, we have a charger in the car if needed. On the way THERE ... we always keep a carry-on (rookie mistake not to) so that we'll have toiletries and a change of clothes, etc. in case the checked bags are "lost" ... but on the return we check all our bags since we're headed home anyway. It also makes getting around a lot easier without luggage since I'm in a wheelchair while at the airport. The only carry-on we had on the return was the cooler bag with the pastrami and Lynn's over-sized "purse" with snacks, etc. I guess going from sunny S. California to sunny Florida in the month of March ... I didn't factor in the "Yankee snow factor" ... which could be considered a rookie mistake I suppose. We stayed so busy while there, we never even watched the news/weather before we left. It all worked out fine ... we just didn't play with our phones much during the layovers.