PDA

View Full Version : Remember my insurance pay-back situation from last week???

Big Muddy
03-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Well, I wanted to get this thing settled and behind me....so, I've been negotiating with them, off-n-on, all day....they offered to lower my pay-back amount to $6K bucks....I told 'em that sucked....so, I decided to try to do the fair thing, and offered to meet them halfway....they accepted, and we settled on a 50% pay-back.

I probably was too generous, but I just don't like things like this, hanging over me....it's over.

Buckrub
03-05-2013, 09:12 PM
You must be at fault somehow. Sure this isn't one of your notorious scams? I mean..........that IS your picture at the post office, right?

Otherwise, any sane man woulda told 'em to GO POUND SAND.

I offered my attorney services, remember? I just settled with Allstate......very fair settlement! I'm a stud when it comes to these things.

You buying any of this????

BarryBobPosthole
03-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Next time we see a picture of sandy she'll be wearing a neck brace.
BKB

Captain
03-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Yep, I would not like having that hanging over my head either. That's a tough pill to swallow but guess it had to be done.
Take Care, Captain

Big Muddy
03-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Well, I had to look at like this....they DID over-pay me, four years ago....so, ethically, I guess I felt the need to negotiate a fair and equitable settlement with them....I'm happy and they're happy.

And, since they still want to carry my ins., there's a possibility that I just might have the opportunity, in the future, to "recover" the amount that I paid them....ifyouknowwhatimeanandithinkyoudo. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2013, 09:03 AM
Hence the comment about Sandy and the neck brace.
BKB

Thumper
03-06-2013, 09:49 AM
I'm still with Bucky on this one. (did I REALLY say that???) I think I'd have had to tell them to "stuff it where the sun don't shine". THEY made the mistake, not you ... either they eat it as a "cost of doing business" or the incompetent employee who screwed up takes it in the shorts. If they'd caught it shortly after payment, I may have a different opinion, but I'd have considered the four+ years waaay past the statute of limitations. The ONLY thing I agree with, as far as returning the $$$ is concerned, is the one word you used ... "ethical" ... but on the flip side of the coin, what do the stinking insurance companies ever do that's "ethical"? Like Bucky said, telling them to "pound sand" would simply be "karma" IMHO.

Oh well, it's water under the dam and time to move on I suppose.