PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul is an idiot

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2013, 04:46 PM
I liked his Dad, a lot, but this guy is just a bona fide idiot. This one man filibuster deal is ricockulous.

Enough of that.

Carry on!

BKB

DeputyDog
03-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Didn't you ever see Mr. Smith Goes to Washington? It worked there.

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
True! Was that Jimmy Stewart or Henry Fonda? Old Jimmy I think. Great movie. Inspiring. This ain't. I don't know what's constitutional and what ain't has to do with this friggin nominee. Geeze and we wonder why nothing ever gets done.

I need anger management!

BKB

Buckrub
03-06-2013, 05:57 PM
Jimmy Stewart, dipwad. Geez.....

and why do you want these guys to 'get something done'??? I ask you, why????

Niner
03-06-2013, 07:27 PM
Long story short....the reason is because the POTUS believes it is OK to kill US citizens on US soil without due process of the law.

BarryBobPosthole
03-06-2013, 09:19 PM
That's the law, not the president. The posse comitatus law has been weakened and strengthened a bazillion times by a whole succession of presidents. Besides, again, what does that haveto do with this nominee? Rand Paul is a legislator. If he wants to change a law, fine, go through the process, don't hold up the whole works. This is grandstanding at its best.

BKB

Buckrub
03-06-2013, 10:48 PM
It has? I thought only Lincoln violated it.

I don't know anything about this nominee. I'm against ALL nominees. I don't like the agencies they run, nor the money they waste running them. They should all be fired and not replaced. I do remember that every single judge that GW Bush proposed, the Democrats would NOT let come to a vote period. Ever.

So.......nanny nanny boo boo.

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 09:04 AM
Then I guess you're fine with this gridlock then.
BKB

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Well yeah. Best thing that ever happened in Washington, IMHO. I've been a great advocate of Gridlock by Choice for many years. I hope it never stops! Every time they pass a law, my pocketbook suffers. Every time they appoint some bozo, he screws up something. I wish they'd all just go home.

I don't like even having a Federal Government.

Niner
03-07-2013, 01:11 PM
OK, so imagine the following scenario. It’s not THAT far-fetched, seeing some of the anti-constitutional stuff this administration has pulled and gotten away with.

At some point in the future the Left gains control of both houses of Congress and the POTUS is in his last term (or maybe has been made “lifetime POTUS”). A new law is passed requiring the registration of ALL firearms….It’s for the good of the children, you know. All firearms must be registered by X date.

At some point after all firearms have been entered into a National Registration Data Base, the POTUS decrees that “for the good of the children”, everyone must turn in all of their firearms. It’s a matter of National Security for Crist’s Sakes. Anyone who does not turn them in by X date will be labeled a domestic terrorist by the government. After all, only terrorists and the police have guns.

You decide you will NOT turn in the double barrel shotgun that Joe Biden hissownself advised that you purchase way back in 2013.

The National Registration Data Base sends out an alert that you have not tuned in all your firearms and are now labeled by the government as a domestic terrorist. A drone is dispatched to your residence, which is placed under surveillance. When the drone has determined that you are at home, a 500# bomb is dropped on your house. After all, that’s how we deal with domestic terrorists in the future.

It's a slippery slope, ain't it.

Sound far fetched......could never happen you say? Didn't they say the same thing about Obamacare?

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Yeah, it's pretty far fetched.

BKB

Thumper
03-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Well ... yeah ... I'd have to say VERY far fetched ... unless you suffer from a severe case of paranoia ... or believe everything you read in the NRA's mailouts! ;)

derek65
03-07-2013, 02:55 PM
Me too................

Thumper
03-07-2013, 03:03 PM
The name's too close to RuPaul for my liking. ;)

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 03:06 PM
I think I like him.

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 03:17 PM
I like certain things about him. I just think this is out of kilter with priorities right now. If he's afraid of the government, then repeal the damned Patriot Act. the worse piece of legislation ever and talk about no due process. But many who'd quote the tired old 'liberty over safety' stuff every time gun control comes up supported the Patriot Act because they were afraid. Just like people were afraid in WWII and we rounded up several thousand US citizens and put them in internment camps with no due process. And most returned to find that their property had been taken as well. That's all the administration was saying, in certain situations the public may push for that to happen.
So I'm not much for hypotheticals. the Patriot Act is real, and the government spies on us and has zero accountability for it nor even has to provide justification. We don't even own our own pee.

BKB

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 03:21 PM
Oooooo, you do the little sidestep!!

(but that was a good sidestep, I admit)

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 03:22 PM
No, in principle I am probably in his camp when it comes to liberty. This is just a stupid way of going about it, IMO.

BKB

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 03:23 PM
You should really consider management.

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 03:25 PM
Thanks, but I like just being an 'ideas man'.

BKB

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 03:30 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/03/06/fbi-ecretly-spying-on-google-users-company-reveals/?test=latestnews

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 03:39 PM
So........did Bush do this too? Or is this guy bad too?

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 03:40 PM
His Dept of Homeland security asked for the Patriot Act and he pushed it through, yes. I don't suppose it's fault though, since nothing else is.
BKB

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 03:41 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/rand-paul-wins-applause-gop-liberals-180806521--abc-news-politics.html

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Oh, so the ACLU is behind him. Well, that changes everything.

BKB

LJ3
03-07-2013, 04:25 PM
The ACLU and Dept of Homeland Security. Two inspiring institutins if I've ver seen one.

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 06:32 PM
Does that make him an enigma? Or an enema? Posthole thinks he's ......."ok but not in this case".....a hedge bet if I ever saw one.

I don't know what he is. His daddy is a Constitutionalist, and I love that. And I like chaos, and folks that stir up what ain't supposed to be stirred. So I like him.

PLUS, some of this stuff he's spouting on and on about is pretty interesting stuff!!!

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 06:34 PM
And I see where he and Kim Jong Il are declaring victory.

Glad he's finally had someone explain the obvious to him.

BKB

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 06:46 PM
I felt a serious but subtle personal attack buried in that.............:poke

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 06:53 PM
No, just at Rand Paul. I'd say the average American citizen knew the answer to the question he was asking to begin with. He was just being ornery.
BKB

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 06:56 PM
OK, I laugh at that one. I 'spect you (and I) should know how to spot that!!

:headbang

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 07:02 PM
Agreed! Takes one to know one!

BKB

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Let me tell you how big of an idiot this guy is.

He got one of the biggest slimeball crooks in the USA, Attorney General Eric Holder, to go on record and say that drones cannot be ordered by the POTUS to harm US citizens.

You can pound on any tinfoil hat you want, but that is a coup, and he did it by this filibuster, and nothing was harmed in the end.......Brennan is CIA Chief........but now we have this on record.

I withdraw all opposition to this "idiot".............Hip Hip Hooray, Rand.

Buckrub
03-08-2013, 11:01 PM
I'm sure only tin foil hatters will see any symbolism in this:

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/brennan-takes-oath-constitution-without-bill-rights-205110620.html

Sunshine
03-08-2013, 11:34 PM
I keep telling you all, but everyone thinks I'm wearing a tin hat.

Thumper
03-09-2013, 12:19 PM
Ummmm, this ain't the land of Oz ... that's tin FOIL hat Sunny. Blondes! :D

LJ3
03-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Perhaps Paul is merely in a pre-curmudgeonal chrysalis which has all you certified 'mudges wringing your hands? Does he not show up at the meetings or pay his dues?

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2013, 01:43 PM
I think he should have held out and got a guarantee that the president wouldn't shoot any nuclear weapons at citizens too.

And .bucky......Really?

BKB

Buckrub
03-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Oh please!!

(I think that's the appropriate non-logical, nonsensical response, right???)

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2013, 04:43 PM
And now we hear that he's 'considering' a run for president in 2016.

And that's exactly what this so-called stand was all about.

BKB

Buckrub
03-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Well I'll be. FIRST politician to do such a thing. Shame on him.