PDA

View Full Version : A Thump type story

Buckrub
03-06-2013, 06:25 PM
Fellow on another hunting site knew I needed some .22 Mag ammo. He travels, a salesman for big equipment. He went to Simmons in Bastrop, LA and they had some. He got me two boxes, at a reasonable price.

He's been carrying them around for a month, trying to connect with me. Today we met for lunch, and I got the ammo.

Now........I didn't know this guy from Adam's Off Ox before all this. He's just someone that heard me say on this site (700 registered members) that I needed .22 mag ammo. He just volunteered to get them for me. I'd never met him before today.

When we got down the line to pay (I was buying), the guy ahead of us had his CC declined. He looked shocked, and honestly looked 'well to do' enough that it was probably a screw up. He tried and tried, and held up the line. So I just said "Look lady, instead of adding just these two lunches, just add three and I'll pay". He felt sheepish but took it. He thanked me on his way out after lunch.

I feel pretty good today.

Bwana
03-06-2013, 07:04 PM
A very fine gesture sir.

Big Muddy
03-06-2013, 07:26 PM
A fine gesture indeed, sir....btw, I'll give you a call from the Cracker Barrel, next time I come thru Conway....without my credit card, of course. ;)