PDA

View Full Version : Hope you're not missing out....

Big Muddy
03-07-2013, 09:36 AM
Any country boy or outdoorsman(person) who likes good ole fashioned country family humor will enjoy Duck Dynasty....I laughed so hard last night, my sides are still hurting....last night, Phil and Kay had a "pet" photographer come to their house to shoot a family portrait with their dogs.

The "pet" photographer was just a tad homo....let me re-phrase that....he was a flaming queer....Phil had such a blast, making fun of him, he actually smiled, once or twice.

Then, there was the giant lizard that ran rampant in the warehouse, and terrorized the guys....I could go on and on....

Maybe it just doesn't take much to make me smile, but I think the show is hilarious!!!....plus, it's a clean family-oriented show. ;)

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 09:47 AM
The Three Stooges meet duck hunters. It ain't about duck hunting, but about duck hunters. Nutty ones.

I won't miss it, but it does tick me off that the new episodes don't come on till 9:00. Geez, way past my bedtime.

Sunshine
03-07-2013, 11:00 AM
I thought it was funny when they poured all that flour on the warehouse floor to track that lizard.
I enjoy watching the show.

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 11:05 AM
I've been watching the Duckmen since they were on VHS. They are some duck shootin' sumbitches. In fact, I've watched them so long I've grown tired of them. But it's good to see their show doing so well.

BKB

jb
03-07-2013, 12:02 PM
Must be a southern thing, to me they're just a bunch of stupid looking people that have to much money and no reality to the real world. Don't watch it.

LJ3
03-07-2013, 12:22 PM
That's pretty harsh JB... jeez.

Most of it's put on, but it can be pretty dang funny and they seem like decent people. Assuming stupiditiy is just yankee ignance :)

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 12:35 PM
I have nothing against the Robertsons. They've made a living doing what they love. I'm just sick of reality TV.

BKB

hotshot
03-07-2013, 12:41 PM
I thought Sy's poodle was pretty funny! I know that poodle is actually a German word meaning : Puddle or water dog....
and yeah they are genetically hunting dogs.... the fact he had it shaved in the fu-fu show dog style was pretty funny.

BarryBobPosthole
03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Years ago he had an awesome dog named 'Reload' but that's been several years and I imagine the dog is gone or retired.
BKB

Bwana
03-07-2013, 03:28 PM
I too think the show is a hoot!

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I doubt anyone I know of has a better idea of the reality of the real world than this clan.

And I honestly think I was in Basic Training with Sy.

quercus alba
03-07-2013, 07:04 PM
I'm a good ole country boy and I absolutely hate Duck Dynasty. The only thing on tv less funny is Conan O'brian

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 07:32 PM
You're deranged.

Arty
03-07-2013, 08:36 PM
Saw it once. Thought it was way over staged, and for that reason, not very funny

quercus alba
03-07-2013, 09:19 PM
But I'm deranged in a good way Bucky

Buckrub
03-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Yeah.

Ain't we all?

Thumper
03-08-2013, 12:53 AM
I guess I'm kinda with Arty in a way. I've watched it quite a few times and have to admit, I thought it was funny. BUT ... it's promoted as a "reality" show. There ain't much "real" about it IMHO. There's just no way in hell they do the things they do and it's considered a "normal day". Arty's word "staged" fits better than anything else I can come up with. Funny ... but not "real". It's like seeing a cool picture that kinda excites ya' ... only to find out it's Photo-Shopped ... then it's not so cool anymore. This show is kinda like the Beverly Hillbillies ... call it what it is ... a comedy show. THEN it would be funnier IMO. That said, I really can't get into the "regular viewer mode". Funny when I watch it ... but I don't loose sleep over missing it.

Captain
03-08-2013, 10:07 AM
I never miss it, funniest show on TV, staged or not...

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Buckrub
03-08-2013, 10:52 AM
Not sure who told you dufes it is a Reality Show???? It's not. I haven't ever seen anyone claim that it is.

I said what it is.........The Three Stooges Get Ready To Go Hunting. That's all it is.

Thumper
03-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Ummmm, well ... ya' may want to read this then ....

http://blurppy.com/2012/04/30/aes-newest-hit-reality-series-duck-dynasty-god-family-ducks-in-that-order/

Or you can go directly to their blog:

Straight from the horse's mouth ... the Duck Commander hisowndamnself ...

"Bless you A&E, bless you. Duck Dynasty is a refreshing new reality series packed with humor and simple livin’...."

http://www.duckcommander.com/commandpost/blogsnews/link/1173/aes_newest_hit_reality_series__duck_dynasty__god_f amily_ducks_in_thatorder.aspx

IMO .. the show is FUNNY ... it just ain't "real" ... as advertised.

Sunshine
03-08-2013, 11:44 AM
You guys need to stop being so serious and just enjoy the comedy.
Laugh a little!!!

I don't care if it's staged or not, that dang Si is hilarious.
Never know what that man is thinking or what he's going to do next.

Funny! :D

Buckrub
03-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Thump, I swear.

"Reality TV" does not mean based on actual Reality. It is a misused word (like "gay") that simply means "Unscripted". That's what it means.

But I didn't even know they claimed that title in any meaning............so sorry. But, Reality TV is NOT true reality. Naked pretty people on a desert island is NOT reality!!

Thumper
03-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Oh, ok ... so "reality" doesn't mean "real". I get it now ... I think.

Buckrub
03-08-2013, 12:10 PM
yep!!!