PDA

View Full Version : WTF??? There goes my e-Bay $$$ !

Thumper
03-08-2013, 12:11 PM
I just received this e-mail from Lynn.

"Can you check the bag of lobster tails in the refrigerator?

If completely thawed, will serve tonight.

If still frozen or partially frozen, will serve tomorrow."

Dang! I wonder what the special occassion is? I REALLY need to open that refrigerator more often and do more than simply pull out the b'loney for my sammich. I need to start looking at the uncooked stuff in there. I also need to remind her I'm on disability! 'Course it could mean I'm gettin' ready to get lucky ... so maybe I should keep my mouf shut! ;)

Thumper
03-08-2013, 12:19 PM
Dang! FIVE of those puppies in there! I'm startin' to drool! Better double up on my cholesterol meds .. just thinkin' about all that melted butter is causing my arteries to slam shut! ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-08-2013, 12:27 PM
You guys need to try to make some lobster mac and cheese with one of those tails. that there is some awesome eats.

BKB

Trav
03-08-2013, 12:31 PM
Barry,

When we were on strike detail in Boston I went to Legal Seafood and had killer lobster mac N cheese. Man o man was that good.

Thumper
03-08-2013, 12:34 PM
Back when I was "rich" ... we'd many times order lobsters from Legal Seafood and have them overnighted to us. Dang! I LOVES me some good lobster!

LJ3
03-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Prolly half our grocery stores around here have live lobster tanks. Legal Seafood is a chain, people, pull it together. I've always wanted to make some mac and cheese with 'em but I wind up going with steam, butter and stuffing my gullet. Do you guys not have live lobster in your larger grocery stores? seafood counters? Am I living in a luxury state and don't even know it?

DeputyDog
03-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Most of the bigger ones do around here too. My son, age 2 1/2, has to see them everytime he goes with me to the store.

Buckrub
03-09-2013, 02:34 PM
Kroger and Walmart grocery used to carry that here.........but they quit, no interest.

It's ok, but it sure ain't worth the price. King crab is way better.........I'd eat a lobster if you paid, but they're too much trouble for what little you get.

BarryBobPosthole
03-09-2013, 04:44 PM
I think you've been eating the wrong bugs if you think there's not much to them.

BKB

Thumper
03-09-2013, 05:43 PM
Dang LJ! You're right ... your post made sense to me and I thought the same thing? Why would we mail-order lobster? I wasn't thinking when I posted that ... we'd order them as GIFTS ... and have them overnighted to Lynn's family for special occassions (birthdays/Christmas/etc). I remember we'd always have to call and check to make sure someone was going to be home to receive them. That makes more sense ... no reason we wouldn't simply pick them up locally for ourselves. It's been so long since we had expendable income, I'd forgotten the details. And Bucky .. are you nuts? Damn, crab is a TON of work to eat ... lobster takes one simple slice down the inside of the tail and you have a helluva lot more meat exposed than cracking open a crab leg! The claws are big ol' suckers and take minimal effort. I ain't talkin' crawfish here!

Thumper
03-10-2013, 12:54 AM
Oh WOW! That meal was orgasmic! I miscounted ... there were actually SIX tails instead of five as previously stated. Plus a big ol' steak to make one of the best steak & lobster meals I've ever had. Dang, they weren't tiny tails either ... all were all right at 6 1/2 - 7 ounces (just the tails) and were cooked perfectly and eaten with melted butter w/fresh lemon juice. Heck, I couldn't even finish my steak. Damn those bugs were good! (I did let Lynn have one of the tails and about 1/3 of my steak) ;)