PDA

View Full Version : Almost saw a disaster.....

Big Muddy
03-10-2013, 04:44 PM
Well, first, the humorous things:

Wearing nothing but my drawers, I filled my coffee mug, and walked out on the back patio of the lakehouse, right at first-light....I took a long leak over the south rail of the patio, which faces the lake, then sat down to enjoy the morning's first-light, over-looking the lake.

Wind was blowing like a gale-force mofo, right down the lake....that's when I heard the giggling....I didn't see the man and lady in their boat, in between my twin piers....all I could see was their heads, but evidently, they saw lots more of ME, than I could see of them....I KNOW they had to have seen my "junk", so I didn't know anything else to do....so, I simply yelled out to them, "Catchin' anything???....to which the lady replied, "Only one little one----not even long enough to keep."....at her comment, which I'm sure was intentional, they both burst out laughing, and I nearly got strangled on my hot coffee. ;)

Now, the serious stuff:

Like I said, the wind was pretty fierce, even at daylight, as a pretty bad storm front was moving in from the southwest....the man and lady, who had been fishing near my piers, had left about 45 minutes earlier....the longer I sat on the patio, the stronger the wind became.

The lake was MORE than white-capping, and the waves looked to be between 3-4 feet....worst I've seen, since we've been over there back in July 2012....then, I heard several BIG slapping noises, and saw a big, red, expensive bass boat, coming straight down the lake with the wind at it's back.

In that wind, I couldn't believe the guy was going that fast, but he was ever-more hauling azz....the slapping noises I heard were the bottom of his boat, slamming down in between the swells....I was just waiting for that day'um boat to fly to pieces.

All of a sudden, he hit a big wave, that sent him completely vertical....the trolling motor propeller was sticking straight up in the air, and the big 250 hp Mercury propeller was clear outta the water on the bottom....he stayed suspended mid-air like that for what seemed like an eternity.

Suddenly, and luckily, the Mercury propeller caught the top of the next wave....that pulled the rear of the boat down first, and the bow plowed nose-first into the next wave....if that prop hadn't caught that wave, he would have almost certainly flipped over backwards.

He either tore up something on the boat, or it scared him sheeit-less because he cut the throttle, and pulled over near to the bank, and disappeared around the curve, doing about 2 mph.

Coulda been a real disaster....especially, if I had to swim out to rescue him in my drawers. ;)

Arty
03-10-2013, 05:48 PM
Dude. Lake or not.... Pissin off your own deck is definitely redneck.

jb
03-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Bucky bought a sign up here on his visit that said "No pissing off the porch"
May need to send one to you too.

Buckrub
03-10-2013, 06:50 PM
And I put it beside the front door of deer camp. And it was ignored, being the JOKE that it was meant to be.

A man that can't pee off his own porch is a man afraid of way too much.

Big Muddy
03-10-2013, 11:24 PM
You tell 'em, Bucky!!!

My porch----my yard----my crepe myrtles----I'm a redneck----on-lookers beware and enjoy the view----'nuf said. ;)

BarryBobPosthole
03-10-2013, 11:54 PM
You're lucky you didn't get arrested. Assault with a dead weapon.

BKB

Captain
03-11-2013, 06:29 AM
Posthole, they would probably throw the case out of court for the lack of evidence..... :D
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Big Muddy
03-11-2013, 10:06 AM
Dang, ya'll sho are mean to this ole boy. ;)

Do ya'll remember the ole saying, "big hands and big feet equals a big johnson"???....well, I wear XXX gloves and size 14 boots....the rest of the saying is bullsheeit!!! ;););)

Thumper
03-11-2013, 10:47 AM
I thought it was big nose and big feet! (?) Oh well, I got'cha beat on all fronts anyway Edward! I don't know what size gloves I wear, but I can NEVER find any big enough (I have the same problem with condoms). :D

BTW ... I wear a size 15 shoe ... and as far as the nose thing is concerned ... well, we don't REALLY need to go there. :(

Big Skyz
03-11-2013, 11:09 AM
I would not to deal with that guy's laundry after his boat went airborn like that.

Big Muddy
03-11-2013, 12:25 PM
That's what I figured, too, Sky....after that boat landed safely, but quite hard in the water, he just sorta sat there for a moment....then, he just eased over near the bank, and disappeared around the curve at no more than 2 mph.

Then, again, he mighta busted his face and nose wide-open on the dashboard, when he hit the wave....lots of the guys on that lake wear motorcycle helmets, when driving their big bass boats, but he wasn't wearing one.

BarryBobPosthole
03-11-2013, 12:41 PM
I've taken a wave over the bow of my old Ranger before and was only going about 30. It was terrifying. i can only imagine what going and then digging in under one would be like. Main thi g I remember is that there was a foot or better of water in the boat instanly.
A buddy of mine took one over the bow in his boat going about 60. It ripped the trolling motor off and also ripped off the windscreen, which caught him full in the face. He said he learned a few things from that.
BKB

Big Skyz
03-11-2013, 01:21 PM
I once got caught out in the ocean in Southeast Alaska during a storm. We were in a small boat for the ocean. The waves pert near beat me to death by the time we reached shore. I literally got out and kissed the ground as I was happy to just be alive. I've never been slammed around so hard as those waves pounding that boat. I mean EVERYTHING hurt! I can only imagine the smack that guy took when his boat landed after being vertical.