PDA

View Full Version : OK what are these things?

Buckrub
03-11-2013, 08:16 PM
On back window of cars all over..........I have NO CLUE!

It's some number, with a decimal. Last few I saw were "13.1".

Big round decal, on the window (not the bumper)......no words, no explanation, nothing.

WHAT IS THIS? Did I miss something big???

LJ3
03-11-2013, 08:23 PM
Runners. 13.1 is a half marathon. 26.2 is a full marathon.

Buckrub
03-11-2013, 08:24 PM
Somehow I knew you'd know.

So what is 88.3 or 50.4 or others?

LJ3
03-11-2013, 08:29 PM
just longer races... as you may have surmised, there's no shortage of those damn stickers around here.

I plan on running the Army 10 miler again this fall to celebrate my no-smoking and give myself a goal.

I won't be putting a sticker on my truck, though.

I know a lady that does the 50 milers. She's insane. They're all insane. And vain. And showy.

Buckrub
03-11-2013, 08:30 PM
So......I could put, like, "194.324" on mine, huh? I mean, like, it'd be, like, my IQ and stuff. Right?

LJ3
03-12-2013, 12:24 PM
If they made a sticker with the Pi symbol, you'd be all set.

Penguin
03-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey congrats Len. That is a big piece of territory to take in. Lots of commitment involved for sure. I hope you end up making it happen.

I've been training for a very tough trail half marathon for over two years now and I'm not sure I will ever actually run it. First time around I had a slight achilles tear that had me down ~just~ when I thought I was ready. Second year I was just getting my endurance back and wasn't ready.

This year? I'm doing lot of hill training and have run 8 milers on the trail I live by pretty regularly this winter but I just put on too much weight lifting this offseason. Maybe that or the fact that most of the long runs I have done in the past 4 months have been on snow and ice and I just lost my speed. In any event I feel sure I could do it but it would not be pretty. Might do it but I might try for the fall trail race up near my hunting camp this October instead.

Long way of saying I hope you have better luck closing it out than I have had. :)

Will