PDA

View Full Version : Conine Front and Center

Captain
03-13-2013, 04:26 PM
I noticed you said something in another thread about wanting a old muzzleloader.... Well I've got one for you. It's one I used for years until I bought the smokeless Savage. It is a double trigger Renegade, I have a ton of stuff for it. I never shot anything but patch and round ball through it. Used only true black powder (no Pyrodex) also. I purchased a "quick" release scope system for it also. You can take the scope off and put it back on without having to re-sight. That system alone was a couple of hundred bucks years ago... Like Eddie said you cannot really get anything for them now that the inlines and smokeless ones have come along. It's got a 6.5X24X50 scope sitting on top of it too! Ill be home in a few days if you want me to send you some pictures of it.
Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thumper
03-13-2013, 05:24 PM
I'll jump in here 'cause our other communication got buried somewhere Mr. Crow9.

Check your PM's (on this site).

Niner
03-13-2013, 07:03 PM
Cap'n, I have two front loaders. One that my Dad and I built from a kit (CVA maybe??) when I was in high school, and the other is a T/C Hawken. Both of them are 45cal. I have been kindasorta kicking around te idea of getting a 50 barrel for the T/C, but only half heartedly.

I don't really neeeeed either another ml, nor a 50cal barrel. Our black powder season is about one week long. The only thing I have ever killed with the T/C was an armidillo. I flat out missed a deer last year that should have been an easy shot. My only excuse is that I have not shot that rifle much. I too only use real black powder, as I have heard too many bad reports from folks using Pyrodex.

One excuse I have for not shooting it much is I was nearly out of the b.p. that Dad bought back when we built that rifle when I was a lad. BPIs kindof hard to find in these parts. I called every shop within 50 miles, and nobody stocks ot anymore. The other excuse is that you cannot find 45 cal bullets since the 50 has become the "standard". Well, I vowed to shoot that T/C some this year. We had to make a trip to the north side of A-town a while back sowe stoped by Bass Pro. They had some, so I got 4 lbs. I also ordered a bullet casting furnace, and a 45cal mould....and some dead-soft lead. I haven't cast any bullets yet....waiting for a nice warm day so I can do it outsde.

Niner
03-13-2013, 07:08 PM
Oh...about your Renegade. Like I said, I need another ml like I need another hole in my head..and it is true that they don't bring much these days.....but if you are just achin' to get shed of it, maybe we could strike a deal.

Gunther
03-13-2013, 10:06 PM
Well what do ya want fer it?

Captain
03-13-2013, 10:23 PM
Ill make you a deal so good you thought you stole it...

Mine is .50 cal and it only likes .490 round balls with a 20 thousandth patch. It don't like .495

I gots a TON of stuff to shoot that will go with it too.

While I was typing this a dozen or more wild hogs came in. I busted a biggun' and dealing with it now...

Take Care, Captain

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner